• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Docker + Addons - cannot generate PDF using cfhtmltopdf using Docker

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to get ColdFusion 2018 running using the official Adobe Docker images.  In the past we've used the CommandBox images with great success but this app is using cfhtmltopdf and I need the PDF server.

I have built a docker-compose:
https://gist.github.com/jimpriest/fbf64333531f6d36030aa4ab0f6424f0

I'm using a Dockerfile in order to install Commandbox and CFConfig to restore my server settings.

This runs, my app fires up.  I can open CFAdmin and confirm the connection in the PDF Service tab (I get an "OK").

But when trying to generate a PDF I get a vague error:
ServiceManagerConversionException: Error occurred while generating PDF

This same code works fine on a normal ColdFusion 2018 install so I am going to assume this is not a code issue.

This page (https://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/pdf-generation-in-coldfusion.html) mentions needing to install some imb-type-1 fonts in Linux (which is what the Docker container is using) and if I shell into both the ColdFusion container and the Add ons I only see a 'truetype' folder in the /usr/share/fonts folder.  

I even tried copying these files over but still get an error. 

How can I troubleshoot this issue?  Has anyone gotten this to work?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation