• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does coldfusion 11 support Simple JSP/Servlet Applications

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My current JSP/Servlet web application is working on Jrun4 app server.

I was planning to migrate on ColdFusion 11 .

I did not find any JSP/Servlet sample project on ColdFusion. I am in doubt if ColdFusion 11 works for JSP/Servlet.

All I get is cfm projects illustrations for ColdFusion11.

Please tell me if ColdFusion 11 works for JSP/Servlets version 3.0 and if yes please share the steps to setup in eclipse platform.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ColdFusion 11 runs on top of a customized version of Tomcat 7 instead of JRUN.  Tomcat is a servlet container, and should run JSP just fine via the built-in Jasper JSP Engine.  I can't provide any more detail - I don't work with JSP at all. But a quick Google of "Tomcat JSP" should get you started, and show that Tomcat 7 supports JSP version 3.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2016 Jan 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, ColdFusion 11 supports JSP and Servlets. But, hey, don't take my word it: find out for yourself.

servletTest.jsp

Server info: <%= application.getServerInfo() %><br>

Servlet version: <%= application.getMajorVersion() %>.<%= application.getMinorVersion() %><br>

JSP version: <%= JspFactory.getDefaultFactory().getEngineInfo().getSpecificationVersion() %><br>

Java version: <%= System.getProperty("java.version") %>

servletVersion.cfm

<cfscript>

writedump(getPageContext().forward('servletTest.jsp'));

</cfscript>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation