Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC Coldfusion 10 extension?

Engaged ,
Dec 29, 2013 Dec 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm on the road trying to configure Dreamweaver CC for a CF10 project on my laptop.

Back in my office on my server i have DWCC configured using the CF10 extensions and I remember that I used an extensions file with the '.zxp' suffix; for the life of me I can't find that file on the web anywhere. (The .mxp extension simply won't run in the CC extension manager).

Anyone know where it is?

Thanks in advance, and happy holidays.

Rich

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CF is disabled by default in DW CC, here is how you enable the cf extensions

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/open-coldfusion-dreamweaver-cc.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Russ, but that only relates DWCC to be able to open .cfm files. What I actually need is the ColdFusion 10 tag extensions so that when I work with .cfm files the tag/auto complete functionality for CF10 is there.

On my server in my office I remembered a ".zxp" extension file for DWCC, but I can't find it now that I'm on the road with my laptop....

Thanks again for your response.

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Russ-

... no, not quite: The DWCC extension that is listed on that /downloads.html page is a ".mxp"; the file needed is a ".zxp" extension. Somehow I found it a month or two ago but can't find it now.

I need to install the CF10 extension to DWCC, that's the final goal.

Thanks again,

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 30, 2013 Dec 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rich,

An MXP extension can be converted to a ZXP extension using the “Convert MXP Extension To ZXP” tool. This tool can be found in the Tools menu in http://www.adobe.com/exchange/em_download/em6_download.html

For more info, please refer to http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/dreamweaver-cc-server-extensions.html

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 31, 2013 Dec 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anit

I converted the .mxp to a .zxp file without incident, but when I opened the Extension Manager (CC version) and tried to install the newly named extension I get the following error:

DWMenu_Help_Reference cannot be found in Menus.xml.

I tried searching for it on my machine but can't find it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 31, 2013 Dec 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rich,

Did you try installing the extensions from the below locations:-

Vista/Windows 7: C:/Program Files (x86)/Adobe/Adobe Dreamweaver CC/Configuration/DisabledFeatures

Mac OS X: /Applications/Adobe Dreamweaver CC/Configuration/DisabledFeatures

In Dreamweaver CC, server behaviors are available as an extension, Deprecated_ServerBehaviorsPanel_Support.zxp. After you install the extension, the server behaviors feature is enabled and extensions dependent on it work as they did previously.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2014 Jan 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anit

I was following along this conversation and I am having the same problem as Rich. I followed all of your steps so far including installing the Disabled Features but I am still getting the error message. When I went to look at the menus.xml file I noticed that the path that the error is referencing doesn't even exist on my computer! There is no "C:/user/[username]/AppData/..." I double checked and my Dreamweaver CC is properly installed and working. How can this be?

You would think more Dreamweaver/ColdFusion users would be talking about this online but when I search for the error I get very few results, none of which are useful.

Thank you for your time.

Cody Kratzer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2014 Jan 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cody,

Can you let us know, your Operating System?

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have exactly the same problem, Win 7 64.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like an awful lot of trouble to go through to add CF support back to Dreamweaver.  You support PHP without jumping through hoops and yet your own product you no longer support.  In my mind, it is telling people that Adobe no longer supports Cold Fusion.

I upgraded to the cloud from version 6 and so far I'm not impressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately a lot of people have come to that conclusion and have moved to another IDE.

Here are all the alternatives http://carehart.org/cf411/#editors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2014 Jan 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah this is unfortunate. I use Dreamweaver purely as a code editor and FTP. I guess it's just because I've used it for so long to do my HTML, CSS, JS and ColdFusion that it's familiar. Basically, I like the code highlighting, the site manager and the FTP, probably 1% of its features.

I'll start looking into alternatives then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 11, 2014 Jul 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sduncanute wrote:

This sounds like an awful lot of trouble to go through to add CF support back to Dreamweaver.  You support PHP without jumping through hoops and yet your own product you no longer support.  In my mind, it is telling people that Adobe no longer supports Cold Fusion.

I upgraded to the cloud from version 6 and so far I'm not impressed.

Ditto. I just upgraded to Dreamweaver CC and am very disappointed - maybe even pissed. I love CF but it seems every time I turn around Adobe is doing something else that gives me the impression that they are distancing themselves from CF. Maybe their Dreamweaver department is all PHP developers now? I’ll continue looking for the well hidden CF extension hoop – I’m sure it’s around somewhere…

(BTW, the CF10 trick above no longer works as the CF10 Extensions no longer exists since CF11 became the only version available)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2016 Sep 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2014 Jan 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a fix for this?

We moved our entire suite from CS6 to CC. We also upgraded to Coldfusion 10 and need the Coldfusion 10 DreamWeaver Extension to work.
I am running Windows 7 64 bit. I have converted Extension from .mxp to .zxp

Now I am getting this error.

The element 'DWMenu_Help_Reference' cannot be found in C':\user\craig.DSM-DSAG\APPData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver\CC\en_US\Configuration\Menus\Menus.xml

The extention will not be installed.

Why is this so hard? If your going to sunset Coldfusion Support in DreamWeaver then tell us, so we do not waste our time and money.

Long Time Coldfusion Programer when Jereny Allaire used to own it.

Crazy_Tuna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2014 Jan 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution. Took me a while but got it done. I am running Windows 7 64bit, so do not know if solution will work for your system or not.

So Here are the steps you have to take to get  Coldfusion 10 Dreamweaver Extension for Dreamweaver CC to install.

1. On another workstation Download Coldfusion 10 Dreamweaver 10 Extension from here. http://www.adobe.com/support/coldfusion/downloads.html
  2. On that same workstation Download the Adobe CS6 Extension Manager. http://www.adobe.com/exchange/em_download/em6_download.html
  3. In Adobe CS6 Extention Manager go to "TOOLS" then drop down to "Convert MXP Extension to ZXP. Once converted copy ColdFusion10_Tags_for_DW.zxp to workstation where Dreamweaver CC and Adobe Extension Manager CC is installed.
  4. Before installing, go to C:\Users\<your userprofile>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC\en_US\Configuration\Menus\Menus.xml  (Remember AppData is hidden by default) (open xml in text editor)
  5. Once Text editor is open do a find for "DWMenu_Help_Reference"
    You will find the following string.

<!-- menuitem mmstring:name="menus/DWMenu_Help_Reference" key="Shift+F1" command="dw.updateReference()" enabled="true" checked="dw.getFloaterVisibility('reference')" domRequired="FALSE" id="DWMenu_Help_Reference" / -->

Erase the !-- on the front of the string and the -- on the end of the string. Leave the < > on the ends. (This means the element was commented out, so would not work)

It sould look like this:

<menuitem mmstring:name="menus/DWMenu_Help_Reference" key="Shift+F1" command="dw.updateReference()" enabled="true" checked="dw.getFloaterVisibility('reference')" domRequired="FALSE" id="DWMenu_Help_Reference" />

6. Save the file.

7. Now install the ColdFusion10_Tags_for_DW.zxp file. It will install with no errors.

Hope this helps.

Crazy_Tuna !!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2014 Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another problem that I just discovered but that you should be aware of.  Templates in Dreamweaver CC will not update .cfm files.  Works in CS6 but .cfm files are ignored in Dreamweaver CC.

Since most of us who use Dreamweaver, also use templates this is a big deal.  My whole site is .cfm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2014 Jun 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings sduncanute,  did you ever get a solution to updating of .cfm files by DW CC?  This is a terrible outcome for me, hoping someone knows how to fix Adobe's missteps?

Thanks,

Ash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2014 Mar 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The steps CrazyTuna provided worked great for me. Running Windows 7 32-bit :-(.  Had DW 5 installed and we just got our CC licenses.Was really perturbed when no CF stuff would work in DW-CC and then a co-worker found your post and like I said ... worked like a charm.  Thanks a lot for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2015 Aug 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crazy_Tuna - can you send me that DW extension for ColdFusion please - Adobe has removed the old extension AND has removed the ability to update an extension to .zxp so I'm running out of options to get CF extensions for DW in the newest version! ARRRRGH. Please and thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2016 May 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/coldfusion/updates/10/ColdFusion10_Tags_for_DW.mxp

I'm in the process of doing a version 11 extension and also one for Visual Studio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys. I am going to redo this Extension as a .zxp for Adobe Dreamweaver CC. I have got the code from the original .mxp file. I will contact the author to see if I can use it.

To begin with I will just get it up on line and then over the next few months, I will update the libraries for TAGS & FUNCTIONS, so that it incorporates the latest API for CF2018.

I have had enough of this nonsense!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a quick update. 

I have submitted the uncompresseed contents of the original MXP via Adobe Exchange for approval. 

I don't want to do any work unless it is approved. If it is approved, you will be able to download a proper ZXP from Adobe Exchange:

https://exchange.adobe.com/

Then, I will start updating the function & tag library over the next few months am periodically post updates to the extension.

I really can't believe that the Adobe Dreamweaver Engineering Team couldn't have done this, or better still added the function intellisense to the core program as they have done with the tag intellisense!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation