• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

dynamic drop down menus

Engaged ,
Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I am trying to create some drop down menus where if you do a selection in the first drop down menu, the second drop down menu will display. I have this working on 2 drop down menus,but the problem I'm having is if I choose something out of the first drop down menu and then change my mind and want to choose something else, the page goes blank. If I change it to something else in the first drop down, it should display all the results in drop down 2 according to what I chose in drop down 1. It does do this the first time if I choose the correct thing the first time, but if I try to change drop down 1, the page goes blank. What am I doing wrong? Here's the code I have:

<!--- store the selected Main_Group variable variable after the first select boxes submits itself --->

<cfif NOT isDefined("form.submit")>

<cfif isDefined('form.select_PinCount') AND form.select_PinCount NEQ "">

<cfset page.select_PinCount = form.select_PinCount>

</cfif>

<cfif isDefined('form.select_BodySize') AND form.select_BodySize NEQ "">

<cfset page.select_BodySize = form.select_BodySize>

</cfif>

<cfoutput>

<form method="post" action="email_code_test9.cfm">

<!--- query DB for the first drop down list ---> 

<cfquery name="get_PinCount" datasource="#application.datasource#">     

SELECT DISTINCT Pin_Count

FROM BGA

ORDER BY Pin_Count

</cfquery>

<!--- first drop down list ---> 

<!--- NOTICE the onChange javascript event in the select tag, this is what submits the form after the first selection --->

<select name="select_PinCount" required="yes" onchange="this.form.submit()">

<option value="">Select Pin Count</option>     

<!--- dynamically populate the first drop down list based on the get_PinCount query --->

<!--- NOTICE the CFIF within the option tag, this says, if the first selection has been made, display the chosen option when the page reloads --->

<cfloop query="get_PinCount">          

<option value="#Pin_Count#" <cfif isDefined('form.select_PinCount')><cfif form.select_PinCount eq Pin_Count>selected</cfif></cfif>>#Pin_Count#</option>     

</cfloop> 

</select>

<br><br>

<!--- if the first selection has been made, display the second drop down list with the appropriate results --->

<cfif isDefined('page.select_PinCount')>

<!--- query DB for second drop down list, based on the selected item from the first list --->

<cfquery name="get_BodySize" datasource="#application.datasource#">         

SELECT DISTINCT Body_Size_mm

FROM BGA

WHERE Pin_Count = #select_PinCount#

ORDER BY Body_Size_mm

</cfquery>

<!--- second drop down list --->

<select name="select_BodySize" required="yes" onchange="this.form.submit()">

<option value="">Select Body Size</option>

<!--- dynamically populate the second drop down list based on the get_BodySize query --->

<cfloop query="get_BodySize">          

<option value="#Body_Size_mm#" <cfif isDefined('form.select_BodySize')><cfif form.select_BodySize eq Body_Size_mm>selected</cfif></cfif>>#Body_Size_mm#</option>     

</cfloop>

</select>

<input type="Hidden" name="Submit" value="Submit">

</cfif>

<br><br>

</form>

</cfoutput>

</cfif>

The link to this is here: https://www.ironwoodelectronics.com/catalog/Package_Specs/email_code_test9.cfm

Thanks.

Andy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?