Highlighted

Easiest way to make current Coldfusion web page "mobile friendly"

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - We currently have a Coldfusion web application, and would like to make just 1 of the web pages "mobile friendly" for our users, who may need to access the info on the 1 page, in the event of an emergency via their phone. I have read some documentation on the <cfclient> and <cfclientsettings> tags but need some guidance as far as where to start. I don't want to make this task more involved than it needs to be since it's 1 web page that needs to be converted. There aren't any good examples that I can find that do what I want to do with an existing Coldfusion web page. I just downloaded the trial version of Coldfusion Builder 2016, assuming I need to use it in order to use the <cfclient> and <cfclientsettings> tags. Can anyone provide input into the best way to handle this task? It seemed simple initially after reading about the <cfclient> tag, and was hoping there was a way in Coldfusion Builder to migrate an existing CF web page to a mobile version. Just need an example/tutorial hopefully but can't find anything well documented to help with this. Thanks in advance of any helpful input that may be provided!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Easiest way to make current Coldfusion web page "mobile friendly"

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - We currently have a Coldfusion web application, and would like to make just 1 of the web pages "mobile friendly" for our users, who may need to access the info on the 1 page, in the event of an emergency via their phone. I have read some documentation on the <cfclient> and <cfclientsettings> tags but need some guidance as far as where to start. I don't want to make this task more involved than it needs to be since it's 1 web page that needs to be converted. There aren't any good examples that I can find that do what I want to do with an existing Coldfusion web page. I just downloaded the trial version of Coldfusion Builder 2016, assuming I need to use it in order to use the <cfclient> and <cfclientsettings> tags. Can anyone provide input into the best way to handle this task? It seemed simple initially after reading about the <cfclient> tag, and was hoping there was a way in Coldfusion Builder to migrate an existing CF web page to a mobile version. Just need an example/tutorial hopefully but can't find anything well documented to help with this. Thanks in advance of any helpful input that may be provided!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 21, 2017 0
Engaged ,
Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes you could use the cfclientsettings to add browser detection parts. CFClient is more for building mobile apps.  However, what you have is more of a UI issue not a ColdFusion issue.  If you are not already doing so, you should use some form of responsive UI framework like Bootstrap.  That will allow your interface to "morph" depending on where it is being viewed.

HTH,

--Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2017 1