• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

elegantly time out SQL data connections?

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2014 Oct 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From time to time, we have a problem whereby our ColdFusion 10 server dies hard, essentially the CF service stops responding to requests.  The cause, in our case, has been traced to our upstream MS SQL server, where we are also storing user sessions (rather than in the registry).  I notice via that JDBC settings for this MSQL resource that the timeout of the driver connection is 20 minutes.  Is that excessive?  What I'm looking for is a setting that would kill the request after a certain time if and when the database server becomes very slow or unresponsive.  What happens currently, it seems, is that those requests are held in definitely, they stack up and then the server comes down.  Is there an approach I can take with the database connector (or app settings?) that would enable a release/timeout of these held threads/requests?

Thanks,

Chuck Wyatt

Clark University

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2014 Oct 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From your description, the 20 minute timeout may be too long for your application. Halve it to 10 minutes. If the issue persists, halve it further to 5 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation