Highlighted

Enable Null Support issue in CF2018

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm setting up CF 2018 (with Update 5) and am having an issue - it seems that "Enable Null Support" option in CF Admin does nothing. 

I have some API results that can return null values - eg; json {"FirstName":"Fred","LastName":null, etc} and when I cfdump the struct it has "undefined" as the value for LastName (after doing a deserializejson()). In ColdFusion 9 (which I'm porting over to 2018), the value for LastName shows as "null". My issue is that in CF2018 when I try and access this variable it throws an error "Variable LastName is undefined".

It doesn't seem to make a difference if you check the box for "Enable Null Support" or not in CF Admin. I've tried selecting it, un-selecting it, even restarting CF after each update.

Is this a bug? I'm using CF2018 with Update 5 (version 2018.0.05.315699). Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Enable Null Support issue in CF2018

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm setting up CF 2018 (with Update 5) and am having an issue - it seems that "Enable Null Support" option in CF Admin does nothing. 

I have some API results that can return null values - eg; json {"FirstName":"Fred","LastName":null, etc} and when I cfdump the struct it has "undefined" as the value for LastName (after doing a deserializejson()). In ColdFusion 9 (which I'm porting over to 2018), the value for LastName shows as "null". My issue is that in CF2018 when I try and access this variable it throws an error "Variable LastName is undefined".

It doesn't seem to make a difference if you check the box for "Enable Null Support" or not in CF Admin. I've tried selecting it, un-selecting it, even restarting CF after each update.

Is this a bug? I'm using CF2018 with Update 5 (version 2018.0.05.315699). Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 30, 2019 0

Have something to add?