Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my test to create a pdf out of html:

<cfhtmltopdf>

this is a test <cfoutput>#now()#</cfoutput>

</cfhtmltopdf>

and this is the error I get:

Error occurred while generating PDF. Reason: Error occurred while handling request.

and the stack trace:

coldfusion.document.webkit.PDFgErrorHandler$ServiceManagerConversionException: Error occurred while generating PDF. at coldfusion.tagext.lang.HtmlToPdfTag.handleRetryError(HtmlToPdfTag.java:1509) at coldfusion.tagext.lang.HtmlToPdfTag.handlePDFgConversionRequest(HtmlToPdfTag.java:1471) at coldfusion.tagext.lang.HtmlToPdfTag.convertToPDF(HtmlToPdfTag.java:1413) at coldfusion.tagext.lang.HtmlToPdfTag.doEndTag(HtmlToPdfTag.java:1551) at cfmis_print_pdf2ecfm1817928483.runPage(C:\Users\daniel.mejia\Development\apps\local-intra.\backlog\mis_print_pdf.cfm:11) at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.invoke(CfJspPage.java:246) at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.handlePageInvoke(IncludeTag.java:736) at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.doStartTag(IncludeTag.java:572) at coldfusion.filter.CfincludeFilter.invoke(CfincludeFilter.java:65) at coldfusion.filter.IpFilter.invoke(IpFilter.java:45) at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(ApplicationFilter.java:487) at coldfusion.filter.RequestMonitorFilter.invoke(RequestMonitorFilter.java:42) at coldfusion.filter.MonitoringFilter.invoke(MonitoringFilter.java:40) at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:142) at coldfusion.filter.LicenseFilter.invoke(LicenseFilter.java:30) at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:94) at coldfusion.filter.BrowserDebugFilter.invoke(BrowserDebugFilter.java:78) at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:28) at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:38) at coldfusion.filter.NoCacheFilter.invoke(NoCacheFilter.java:58) at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:38) at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22) at coldfusion.filter.CachingFilter.invoke(CachingFilter.java:62) at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:219) at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:89) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:303) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208) at coldfusion.monitor.event.MonitoringServletFilter.doFilter(MonitoringServletFilter.java:42) at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:46) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208) at coldfusion.inspect.weinre.MobileDeviceDomInspectionFilter.doFilter(MobileDeviceDomInspectionFilter.java:121) at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:46) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:220) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122) at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:501) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:422) at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.process(AjpProcessor.java:199) at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:607) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:314) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I believe this is because the PDF service is not installed. If I remember correctly I didn't select to install PDF service during my CF11 installation many months ago. Now I do want to use but I can't figure out how to turn on/enable this service.

How do you enable the PDF service? For meantime I can't reinstall CF11 entirely.

TOPICS
Reporting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

PDF generation is supported on both Windows and Linux operating systems. First you need to verify, if PDFg service was installed or not. Under the CF Admin, check “Data & Services > PDF Service” section. If you are able to locate the local server manager for PDF, then follow Section 1. If the same is missing, then PDFg is not installed. Please look at Section 2.

Section 1: PDFg installed

• Start the “Local” service manager in CF Admin OR “Verify All Service Managers” to verify it.
  • Run sample code

Section 2: PDFg not installed

1. Donwload the Add-on service from Adobe - ColdFusion Support Center : More Downloads
  2. Follow the installation procedure after the download and complete the installation.
  3. Run sample code

You can try the steps mentioned at PDF Generation in ColdFusion - ColdFusion, English documentation - Adobe Learning Resources and How to setup PDFg server in ColdFusion 11 on Linux | ColdFusion Solution, as well.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anit,

We are running CF Ent. and we have multiple instances of CF Running.  PDF Service Manger will not work on any instance.

Attempting to do this:

Section 1: PDFg installed

• Start the “Local” service manager in CF Admin OR “Verify All Service Managers” to verify it.
  • Run sample code

Nothing I mean nothing happens. You click on the Verify nothing, Click the Verify All service managers button and nothing.

Same thing on all instances of CF.  What do we need to do to get this working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matthew,

Could you please contact us at cf.install@adobe.com to investigate further on this issue?

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem Description:

Recently we figured that we didn't have PDFg installed in order to use cfhtmltopdf.

We installed it successfully on a Linux CentOS following Adobe documentation and it worked fine for a couple of days.

Suddenly we started to receive the following error when generating PDF:

Detail    This timeout value is obtained from the request timeout set in the ColdFusion Administrator.

Message    The content of this document process takes more than 20 milliseconds to process.

We stopped the service on Administration > PDF Service as suggested by some users on the Adobe Forum, but it can't be started.

Error enabling PDF Service Manager. Check logs for more details.

When verifying the error is:

Connection verification failed for PDF Service Manager: localhost

Check logs for more details.

Coudn't find any adittional information in any log. Can someone please point me out some solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stardust27​ I don't have a solution for you.  But you might get a better response by submitting a new thread/question for your specific issue rather than adding a comment to a year-old thread that isn't the exact same issue.  I hope someone can assist you!

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @arunr55098589 , this thread is 5 years old. That is a long time in software. ColdFusion has since moved on.

Start a new thread of your own. In it, mention your ColdFusion version and update level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation