Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error in Apache Connector after installing ColdFusion2018 Update2

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

As soon as ColdFusion 2018 update 2 was installed and the Apache connector was rebuilt, we are seeing this following error in mod_jk.log, repeatedly.

[Thu Feb 14 12:42:06 2019] [16186:139977799252096] [error] uri_worker_map_update::jk_uri_worker_map.c (1299): Unable to stat the /opt/coldfusion2018/config/wsconfig/1/uriworkermap.properties (errno=13)

The server is running RHEL 7, with SELinux and locked down. However the apache is running without any issues and the web application doesn't experience any issues. But the mod_jk.log is flooded with this entry.

It would be great, if someone could assist on this please. We didn't face this issue before.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does that file exist? When you see "unable to stat" errors, sometimes that means the file no longer exists. I think you have to tell SELinux to no longer check that file. (Note: I am not an expert on SELinux.)

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First - you should file a bug so Adobe is aware of the issue.

Next make sure that apache has permission to read that file

Finally make sure that selinux has the proper label on the file:

chcon -t httpd_config_t -u system_u /opt/coldfusion2018/config/wsconfig/1/uriworkermap.properties

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You Pete for your suggestions.

We resolved it and it was down to the file permissions. The right SELinux context was applied. as you had mentioned.

After the Apache Connector was re-built, the permissions of the files were 644. After this update 2 installation, the mod_jk.log file had its right SELinux type for the file and the permissions, without manually granting it.

Changing the permission of the file to 660, stopped the error entry in the log file. (Though CFLockdown guide recommendation was 540, which still didn't prevent the error from occurring). However the apache was starting up without any issues and CFadmin was accessible during the entire time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for clarifying Annie, that is odd that it would need write permission to that file. It is just a configuration file but perhaps the new autotuning feature now writes to it so it opens for writing instead of opens it for reading??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have raised this with dev and they are looking into this. I will keep you all posted.

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really is strange and I still don't understand why it would require a write permission on it. I was not aware of the autotuning feature, and will look into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete,

I did bit of more experiment in a new Virtual machine and came up with the following observations.

In new VM instance built with an image containing CF2018, installed update 2, rebuilt Apache connector. Applied SELinux context and it all worked well with the following permissions.

The directory /opt/coldfusion2018/config/wsconfig/1 had full permissions (by default after running the wsconfig utility) with root:root as ownership.

All the files within the directory had 644 as permissions and root:root ownership.

I changed the ownership to cfuser:apache for the entire directory( /opt/coldfusion2018/config/wsconfig/1) and there were no issues.

I ran this command

Chmod -R 540 /opt/coldfusion2018/config/wsconfig/1 and applied chmod 560 on mod_jk.log, the issue started occurring.

[Thu Feb 14 21:25:01 2019] [1491:140393088891008] [error] uri_worker_map_update::jk_uri_worker_map.c (1299): Unable to stat the /opt/coldfusion2018/config/wsconfig/1/uriworkermap.properties (errno=13)

[root@test-apache-connector wsconfig]# chmod 660 1/

Changed the directory ( /opt/coldfusion2018/config/wsconfig/1) permission alone to 660, the issue stopped occurring.

Thank You,

Annie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Annie,

Did you try the lockdown manually or with the Lockdown Installer?

Also, we are looking into why the uriworkermap.properties file would require write permissions.

Also, have you raised a bug for the error being thrown? It would be great if you could share the Bug number for everyone (if someone else also hits the same issue)

We have fixed the issue where correct context was not being set to mod_jk.log file.

Thanks,

Kailash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kailash,

The lockdown was done manually, as it required manual intervention anyways.

This is the bug tracker number

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/CF-4204032

Thank You,

Annie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete,

We have a question regarding the Lockdown guides, could you please help answering our question. Our technical architect came up with this observation. We followed CF2016 lockdown guide, while setting this server up, last year as the CF2018 Lockdown guide was not released then. And there's this step where the apache user is added to webusers group in CF2016 lockdown guide. In that case, the folder /opt/coldfusion2018/config/wsconfig/1 should have had the following ownership cfuser:webusers instead of cfuser:apache?

Thank You,

Annie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Annie, I don't think it would make much difference, because the apache user will be a member of both the apache group and the webusers group, and the cfuser can be controlled by the owner user bits. Feel free to email me directly to discuss further, it is my first name (4 letters) at foundeo.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Pete!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation