Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error trying to use Native Tomcat 10.x for Coldfusion 10 enterprise

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

We want to improve our legacy CF10 with native Tomcat and I got it working with the latest Tomcat version 9 release a few days ago..

As a challenge, I want to try and make it work with Tomcat 10 but came up with this error

async.Stockticker@29962b2f')
17-Feb-2021 11:02:48.577 SEVERE [http-nio-8585-exec-1] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart Error configuring application listener of class [coldfusion.bootstrap.HttpFlexSessionBootstrap]
	java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/http/HttpSessionBindingListener
		at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
		at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:1016)

where can I start troubleshooting this?

Thanks! 

TOPICS
Advanced techniques , Connector

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got that part gone but now I get this error

17-Feb-2021 11:46:02.992 SEVERE [http-nio-8585-exec-10] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.filterStart Exception starting filter [FlashRemotingControlFilter]
	java.lang.ClassCastException: class coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter cannot be cast to class jakarta.servlet.Filter (coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter is in unnamed module of loader org.apache.catalina.loader.ParallelWebappClassLoader @5db31444; jakarta.servlet.Filter is in unnamed module of loader java.net.URLClassLoader @722c41f4)
		at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.getFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:250)
		at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.<init>(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:103)
		at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.filterStart(StandardContext.java:4515)

thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your attempt to improve CF10 with Tomcat 10 is a noble undertaking. However, even if it works, it will likely be unstable. CF10 was originally built on Tomcat 7. So it is too old to integrate properly with the newer Tomcat versions. 

To my mind, the best way to improve ColdFusion with Tomcat is to upgrade to the latest ColdFusion version, namely 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation