Exit

Error while loading entity ORM

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2010 Oct 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

entityLoad('Account') throws this error,

Error while loading entity

java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][Oracle JDBC Driver]Numeric overflow.

However  entityLoad('Account',1) returns the proper record.

I am using oracle 10g as a datebase.

Is this a bug with oracle? entityLoad('Account') should return all my accounts.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many records are we talking, and what's the definition of the entity?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just over 1000

Now heres a kicker,  entityLoad('Account',{},'account_number asc',{offset=21, maxResults=10}) returns the proper 10 records

but it still does not like it when i do

entityLoad('Account')

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2010 Oct 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you use the offset & maxrows settings to return the whole lot? Does that work?

If not, it might be bung data: try paging through all the records to see if one page in particular gives you a problem, then you can maybe narrow it down to a specific record.

Can you profile the SQL that Hibernate is passing to the DB? Anything unexpected about it?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd also go further and take the SQL being generated and try running it against Oracle directly (in your SQL tool, outside of CF) to see if anything changes.

If you're not sure how to enable logging of the generated SQL, have a look here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would probably also help to see the config for Account, so we can have a better idea if you're doing something funky with a formula or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2010 Oct 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for late reply , been away for a few days,

I just added ormType=interger to my cfproprty that was the primary key and now all is good. I guess I should not assume an example that works fine for a diff database will work exactly the same on my database. I will make sure i define ormtype for every property.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason I am having the same error event though I checked the ormType="integer". My database is Oracle 19c and the primary key data type is "number". Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A number data type in Oracle is a float, not an integer. It's not the sort of thing you'd use as a surrogate key, but rather perhaps as a natural key. Anyway, you should be able to choose ormType="float" instead.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it's giving me same error. I removed it all only very basic like this:

<cfproperty name="id" column="LICENSE_ID" fieldtype="id" generator="sequence" sqltype="number" params="{sequence='LICENSES_SEQ'}"/>
and it's giving me an error.
The error is happening when I made the entityload() call with/without filter. But when I made a call without filter and added the options such as {maxResults=10} and it's coming back okay.
BTW, this is happening on CF 2021. The CF 2016 has no problem. I haven't tried on CF 2018. Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution by setting the ormtype as "big_decimal"

<cfproperty name="id" column="LICENSE_ID" fieldtype="id" ormtype="big_decimal" generator="sequence" params="{sequence='LICENSES_SEQ'}"/>

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@joseph.yan , please start a new thread of your own. NicholasDee's original thread is more than 10 years old. That is a long time in software. ColdFusion, Hibernate and Oracle have moved on since then. 

In any case, thanks for sharing your findings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@BKBK oops sorry I thought it's easier to follow up here. I make it a note next time to start a new thread. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation