</cfscript>

<cfoutput>
    <cfoutput query="myQuery">
        #myQuery.name# <br>
    </cfoutput>
</cfoutput>

Produces error
Invalid tag nesting configuration.
A query driven queryloop tag is nested inside a queryloop tag that also has a query attribute. This is not allowed. Nesting these tags implies that you want to use grouped processing. However, only the top-level tag can specify the query that drives the processing.

Error only Appearing after update 12 in CF2016.

Worked fine in all previous versions.
Long time dev here. Too much production code to change after update 12 patch applied.
https://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/coldfusion-2016-update-12.html

Any advise.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's strange is that I believe that CFOUTPUT nesting initially used to throw an error. (I've been using CF since v3.)  At some point, I noticed some code introduced by another developer that had nested CFOUTPUTs and I thought it might cause a problem, but it didn't.  I've found posts from 2007 that indicate that doing it is acceptable, but it always felt dirty to me and I tend to avoid nesting unless I'm using also using the "group" attribute.

Hopefully this will get fixed as I'm unable deploy this into production without being negatively impacted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks, this issue has been recognized by others, and indeed reported on both the Adobe blog post and (more important) the bug tracker: https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/CF-4205250

You should go add a vote and any additional comment needed. (If you feel this is not the same, then do open a new ticket. Adobe does pay attention to that, and has already indicated they fixed that one, for instance, since it was posted just days ago.)

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Voted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Voted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 voted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just an FYI: Adobe has said that they have a fix for this, but for now it seems you need to ask them for it. Sadly, they have not clarified (where they said that) just how to do that. I would recommend you ask via cfsup@adobe.com.

I have pointed this out on the bug report as well (where it's marked as "fixed", but with no fix link). I'll also note that in another place (for another one of these update bugs) they DID offer a dropbox link to get the update. Hopefully they will add such a link for this bug fix here or in the bug report.

Of course, it is very sad that problems like this are a) happening at all, b) so difficult to get good fix communications, and c) solved via a dropbox link rather than a more formal process.

But for those suffering this problem, and who want to get the update in place (for its security fixes only, perhaps), I share this to help get us all further down the road. And I have a blog post from this week on a proposal of a better way to separate out security fixes from other bug fix/feature changes: https://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2019/9/26/proposal_for_new_cf_update_process

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation