• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Event Gateway Service/Instance Not Working

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2009 Feb 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I"ve got CF8 standard edition. In the CF administrator I have the gateway services panel available to me. So I'm assuming that the requirement that you have the enterprise edition of ColdFusion to run Gateway Services was removed with CF8.

I have the "Enable ColdFusion Event Gateway Services" box checked. I've even restarted the CF8 services to make sure the setting took effect. I've configured a gateway instance. But when I go to start it I get the error "Unable to start event gateway instance: Event Gateway Service is not enabled.".

So first question:
Does standard edition CF8 support gateway services? Or is Adobe just taunting users by making that screen available in standard edition administrator?

If it does, any ideas why I'd get this message?

The only event gateway documentation I can find on Adobe's site or elsewhere deals specifically with CF7 and speaks of an actual windows service that you have to start for this to work. I have no such service listed. I'm assuming that it was integrated with the application service in CF8. If not, if it's a separate service, have I massively cocked up and not installed it?

Thanks
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2009 Feb 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Does standard edition CF8 support gateway services?

Yes. See the features-comparison table for Coldfusion 8, MX7 and MX6.1 -- it's a PDF

> I get the error "Unable to start event gateway instance:
> Event Gateway Service is not enabled.".

Open the Coldfusion Administrator and navigate to Event Gateways > Settings.
Tick the checkbox Enable ColdFusion Event Gateway Services and press the button to Submit Changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2009 Feb 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: BKBK
Open the Coldfusion Administrator and navigate to Event Gateways > Settings.
Tick the checkbox Enable ColdFusion Event Gateway Services and press the button to Submit Changes.

The checkbox was already ticked. I tried unchecking, pressing the save changes button, then checking it, and pressing the button again. I still receive the error that the event gateway service has not started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2009 Feb 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nix that completely. It appears to be working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2015 Oct 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's a million years ago, but I've just had this problem with CF10

I had to tick "enable coldfusion gateway services", then (even though it says it's changed, the checkbox remains checked, and the text says "changing this setting starts or stops the services immediately") restart coldfusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Andrewlorien

This thread is old. It is based on CF8, which has reached end-of-life. Your are on the relatively new CF10, so start your own thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation