• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exception with /CFIDE/adminapi/administrator.cfc

Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately, I have noticed the following in the exception log.  It started around 36 hours after installing update 10 for CF18.  Perhaps a coincidence.  Server seems to operate normally.

"Error","DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-5","07/25/20","15:47:12","","500 Internal Server Error "
coldfusion.tagext.net.HttpTag$HttpTagServerErrorException: 500 Internal Server Error
at coldfusion.tagext.net.HttpTag.<clinit>(HttpTag.java:1113)
at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:315)
at cfadministrator2ecfc207599677$funcGETUPDATES.<clinit>(/CFIDE/adminapi/administrator.cfc)
at cfadministrator2ecfc207599677.<clinit>(/CFIDE/adminapi/administrator.cfc)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:490)
at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateClassLoader.newInstance(TemplateClassLoader.java:621)
at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateClassLoader.newInstance(TemplateClassLoader.java:592)
at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxyFactory.getCFCInstance(TemplateProxyFactory.java:292)
at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxyFactory.resolveName(TemplateProxyFactory.java:185)
at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxyFactory.resolveName(TemplateProxyFactory.java:162)
at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxyFactory.resolveName(TemplateProxyFactory.java:152)
at coldfusion.cfc.ComponentProxyFactory.getProxy(ComponentProxyFactory.java:74)
at coldfusion.cfc.ComponentProxyFactory.getProxy(ComponentProxyFactory.java:56)
at coldfusion.runtime.CFPage.CreateObject(CFPage.java:8324)
at coldfusion.runtime.CFPage.CreateObject(CFPage.java:8343)
at cfApplication2ecfm1524830424._factor4(/CFIDE/administrator/Application.cfm:164)
at cfApplication2ecfm1524830424._factor11(/CFIDE/administrator/Application.cfm:4)
at cfApplication2ecfm1524830424.runPage(/CFIDE/administrator/Application.cfm:1)
at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.invoke(CfJspPage.java:262)
at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.handlePageInvoke(IncludeTag.java:735)
at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.doStartTag(IncludeTag.java:565)
at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._emptyTcfTag(CfJspPage.java:4286)
at cfApplication2ecfm586011991.runPage(/CFIDE/administrator/updates/Application.cfm:6)
at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.invoke(CfJspPage.java:262)
at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.handlePageInvoke(IncludeTag.java:735)
at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.doStartTag(IncludeTag.java:565)
at coldfusion.filter.CfincludeFilter.invoke(CfincludeFilter.java:65)
at coldfusion.filter.CfincludeFilter.include(CfincludeFilter.java:33)
at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(ApplicationFilter.java:474)
at coldfusion.filter.RequestMonitorFilter.invoke(RequestMonitorFilter.java:43)
at coldfusion.filter.MonitoringFilter.invoke(MonitoringFilter.java:40)
at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:162)
at coldfusion.filter.IpFilter.invoke(IpFilter.java:45)
at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:96)
at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:28)
at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:38)
at coldfusion.filter.NoCacheFilter.invoke(NoCacheFilter.java:60)
at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:38)
at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22)
at coldfusion.filter.CachingFilter.invoke(CachingFilter.java:62)
at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:226)
at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:311)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:231)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166)
at coldfusion.monitor.event.MonitoringServletFilter.doFilter(MonitoringServletFilter.java:46)
at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:47)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166)
at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:53)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
at coldfusion.filter.ClickjackingProtectionFilter.doFilter(ClickjackingProtectionFilter.java:75)
at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:47)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:202)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:96)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:490)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:139)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:92)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:74)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:357)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.service(Http11Processor.java:408)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProcessorLight.process(AbstractProcessorLight.java:66)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$ConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:853)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1587)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketProcessorBase.run(SocketProcessorBase.java:49)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Ken, to follow up on BKBK's helpful observation, I don't think you will see anything in the browser dev tools.

That failure, as BKBK properly points out, is when an attempt is made by CF to call out to check for any new CF updates. That's not something that happens between the browser and CF. Rather, it happens between your CF server and the Adobe server holding the updates.

So first, you should check to see what URL is listed for that check of updates. It's offered in the CF admin "server u

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The line cfadministrator2ecfc207599677$funcGETUPDATES.<clinit>(/CFIDE/adminapi/administrator.cfc) suggests an error in the update tool in the ColdFusion Administrator. So, whatever it is, it is a system error committed by ColdFusion itself.

Open the Administrator. Press F12 on the keyboard to open Developer Tools. In the Administrator, press on the button to search for updates - even if you're already on Update 10.

You will see in Developer Tools the AJAX calls that ColdFusion makes. Does any of them indicate an error? If so, share the error with the forum. If not, then the error you got was probably a temporary blip, which you may ignore. To be sure of this, check the logs to see if there are new entries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contrary to my previous report, the exception has been happening since the server was commissioned in Q3 last year.  In the beginning, it happens intermittently like once or twice in 3 months.  Hence I have never noticed it before as I usually only search for exceptions related to my application name.  Lately, it has been happening several times a week so it got my attention.  Also between May 12 - May 14, it was happening every 5 mins for several hours a day. 

As per your suggestion, I took a screen shot of the error in the console when I check for updates.  The image load errors probably are not related to the exception.  Also manually checking for update did not generate the exception in CF log, at least this time. 

This is probably some intermittent blip or network issue which I can ignore. 

Thanks for reading my post. 

cferror.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The errors in the picture are clearly to do with images, hence not relevant here. It therefore seems that the ColdFusion exception was a blip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ken, to follow up on BKBK's helpful observation, I don't think you will see anything in the browser dev tools.

That failure, as BKBK properly points out, is when an attempt is made by CF to call out to check for any new CF updates. That's not something that happens between the browser and CF. Rather, it happens between your CF server and the Adobe server holding the updates.

So first, you should check to see what URL is listed for that check of updates. It's offered in the CF admin "server updates" page and its "settings" tab. Note that there is a button there to reset it to the default URL. Perhaps someone changed it. There have been at times special URLs Adobe may give out in response to bug reports, saying "use this URL to get this special update". They also say to remove that special URL, but people often forget, and that button to reset it helps in such a case. 🙂

Second, note that the check for updates will only happen a) when you hit the "check for updates" button in the CF Admin updates page, or b) whenever you login to the CF Admin, assuming the box is checked in that update page's settings tab, to have it "automatically check for updates". To be clear, it does not check "all the time", and that's why you may not see the error happening that often.

What logs have you looked at? I would recommend that when you next try it (and get the error wherever you found it), do go ahead and open the coldfusion-out.log, coldfusion-error.log, exception.log, and application.log, to name a few. Don't pay attention to the fact that the file modified dates may not be updated. The OS often lies about that. 🙂

And if this doesn't solve it, my next suggestion would be that perhaps something happened in applying the previous CF update. There is an update log, which tracks errors. I have a blog post explaining how to find the log and the error count:

https://coldfusion.adobe.com/2019/03/problems-applying-cf-update-check-first/

Let us know how things go.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Charlie,

Thanks for your suggestion.  The update URL is the default URL and the server is set to check for updates and I do get emails when a new update is available.  I found the error in exception.log.  I check that log daily for any errors related to my application. 

After correlating the time stamp from exception.log and entries in coldfusion-out.log turn out the stack trace is the result of failure in my code that is invoked by the coldfusion scheduler.  I got throw off the trail by references to administrator.cfc in the stack trace and went barking up the wrong tree. 

I have been using CFMX in a shared hosting environment for many years until late 2019 so I am new to the various coldfusion logs.

Thanks for your help

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation