• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export coldfusion settings and import to another server?

Participant ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've been having issues with our CF2016 setup (prod environment) and I want to try and replicate it on my local.

Is there a way I can export the prod settings and then import it to my local instance? perhaps it's as easy as copy 1 file from server to the other?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm going to presume you don't mean your application code, but instead your admin settings. In that case, no, there is no one file, but several. And you shouldn't just copy them from one machine to another. Instead, what you want to use is the coldfusion archive or car file mechanism.

See the cf admin, packaging and deployment section. Then when you try to use the car feature, be sure to enable pop-ups in your browser. For more, look up docs on using the car feature, to first export out some or all admin settings to a car file, then to import that into the other cf instance.

Let us know how it goes. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation