• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ext-all.css insertions breaking css in CF11

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2015 Jan 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just upgraded to CF11 in our development bed.  We are seeing some of our web pages breaking due to what appears to be inserted css coming from ext-all.css.  For example, in the body tag, an x-body and x-gecko has been added and is overriding some of our css.  I looked in Firefox and the file (ext-all.css) appears in both "view source" of our development bed (CF11) and production (CF8) but the insertions are only happening on CF11.  Is there a setting that needs to be set in order for this not to happen?  Has anyone seen this before?  Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 29, 2015 Jan 29, 2015

It indeed had to be one of the ColdFusion UIs. Could you mark your discovery as the correct answer? It will certainly help someone else in future.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2015 Jan 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file {CF_HOME_DIRECTORY}\wwwroot\CFIDE\scripts\ajax\resources\ext\css\ext-all.css is built into the ColdFusion system. ColdFusion uses it, automatically, to style its User Interfaces(UI), such as cfgrid.

For example, run the following code as uiTest.cfm and view the page source.

<cfform>

<cfgrid format="html" name= "testGrid">

<cfgridcolumn name="id" display="true" header="ID"/>

</cfgrid>

</cfform>

My guess is, if you delete such ColdFusion UIs from your pages, which you are well advised to do, ColdFusion will no longer send the stylesheet ext-all.css to the browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2015 Jan 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked and the one page in particular does have a cfform but nothing else coldfusion out of the ordinary.  I'm just kind of perplexed as to why the same page has no problem in our production bed (CF8) versus our development bed (recently upgraded to CF11).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2015 Jan 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you temporarily comment out the entire cfform?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went thru basically line by line and commented out each one to see where the problem was.  Found out it was a <cfwindow> tag.  Nothing in particular inside the window since I commented out the entire contents and just left the <cfwindow> tag by itself.  When it's in play, the css is hosed up.  When it's not, css displays like it should.  I guess I will replace it with something else just so that I won't have this happen again.  I guess I will implement an alternative to the window. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It indeed had to be one of the ColdFusion UIs. Could you mark your discovery as the correct answer? It will certainly help someone else in future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2015 Feb 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, i am having this exact same problem in upgrading from cf8 to cf11.

in my case, the culprits are cfform, cfwindow and cffileupload.

is there any kind of temporary workaround i can use in order to get this going, while I investigate suitable replacements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2015 Feb 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Coylo

The workaround I would suggest is as follows. Minimize the risk of disrupting the service. This implies you should continue to use the tags, ext-all.css and all. Bring any issues you encounter to the forum. In the meantime, look for solutions that avoid ColdFusion's built-in User Interface tags.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

Did someone hear about a solution for this CSS problem?

In all the forums, the advice is always the same : forget CF UIs and look for an alternative... Cool!

Easy when it's just a litlle cfform here or there but, when you have an app built with many cfgrids, with binding etc... do you have to rebuild it from zero???

It seems incredible that the only answer from adobe for all those ext-all problem is "choose something else". If we had known this before, we'd never  have changed from CF9 to CF11 and bought this !!!

If somedy has a workaround for this CSS problem, we arre very interested and so gratefull 🙂

Thank you very much!

Emmanuel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2015 Apr 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ya i encountered the same problem after upgrading from cf9 to cf11....

Any suggestion?

currently i just modify some off ext-all.css to suit my display.

Hope someday the team will find solution for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation