Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extremely simple Flash CFGrid not populating

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2006 Apr 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am just beginning to work with CFGrid and CFForm and I have an extremely simple flash CFGrid that is not populating. The headers load fine from my query, but the data does not. I am sure the query returns data, because I output it on the screen directly before I display the grid, and everything is fine.

Here is the code:

<CFQUERY name="getCommunities" datasource="#datasource#">
SELECT *
FROM VG_Community
</CFQUERY>

<CFOUTPUT query="getCommunities">
#intCommunityID# - #strCommunity#<br />
</CFOUTPUT>

<CFFORM name="communityForm" width="80%" format="flash">

<CFGRID name="communityGrid" format="flash" height="425" width="600" query="getCommunities">

<CFGRIDCOLUMN name="intCommunityID">
<CFGRIDCOLUMN name="strCommunity">

</CFGRID>

</CFFORM>

I do not know if this is relevant, but due to my installation, I do not have direct access to the webroot/CFIDE/scripts folder. However, I have copied the folder to a location I can access and changed the default location in administrator, which made my other CFForms work normally.

Thanks,
J

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 06, 2006 Apr 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take out ----- format="flash"----- from the cfgrid tag

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2006 Apr 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried that, but the applet does not load and I get a message that says "coldfusion.applets.CFGridApplet notinited".

It doesn't matter anyway, we can't use a java solution here, although flash is acceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2006 Apr 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this.

<CFGRID name="communityGrid" format="flash" height="425" width="200" query="gridVision">
<cfgridcolumn name="intCommunityID" header="Community ID" display="yes" width="100">
<cfgridcolumn name="strCommunity" header="Community" display="yes" width="100">
</CFGRID>
</CFFORM>

This error means that you don't have the right syntax "coldfusion.applets.CFGridApplet notinited" for the cfform flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, but it still doesn't work. I tried your code and have the exact same error as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the error, because it should work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The grid is not being populated with data. The flash loads up, with the columns all set up correctly, but then it just sits there and the data never appears. The icon turns into a watch and remains that way until you leave the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you do this, create a cfm template with this code only and see what happens. This code is very simple and it should work.
Remember cfgrid tag is case sensitive make sure the variable (intCommunityID and strCommunity) are exactly the same as your fieldname in your database. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.

Good luck friend

<CFQUERY name="getCommunities" datasource="datasourcename">
SELECT *
FROM VG_Community
</CFQUERY>

<CFGRID name="communityGrid" format="flash" height="425" width="200" query="gridVision">
<cfgridcolumn name="intCommunityID" header="Community ID" display="yes" width="100">
<cfgridcolumn name="strCommunity" header="Community" display="yes" width="100">
</CFGRID>
</CFFORM>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lovedrama,

That is exactly what I have on the page

Anyway, thanks for your help. I have moved past this and found another way to do what I wanted, because it seemed that this just wasn't going to work. It doesn't seem to be something I can fix just by fixing the code.

I have come across a lot of people talking about this problem on the net, and haven't found any answers. It seems like something that's broken in Cold Fusion for some people, and I'm guessing that Macromedia/Adobe has no idea what's happening...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2006 May 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was running across a similar issues - the CFForm compiled into a flash form properly, but it was missing the data from both a CFGrid and a CFSelect that I was trying to feed via queries. Well, luckily I stumbled across a thread that stated that the root of the issue is a lack of proper mapping for the CFIDE directory on the server. I had the server Admin set up the mapping, and it works perfectly now.

-Arthur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2006 May 16, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arturis

We are having a similar problem. We wrote a simple query to populate a cfgrid with format=flash, the grid comes up with the column headers but no data yet the data is dumped when I put in cfdump of the query.

Can you tell me more about the mappings my mappings look okay but not sure .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

fine to see that some other guys have the same problem that we have since we migrated from CF8 to CF10.

In CF8 all worked perfect with cfgrid and format="flash", but since we moved

"the grid is not being populated with data. The flash loads up, with the columns all set up correctly, but then it just sits there and the data never appears. The icon turns into a watch and remains that way until you leave the page."

In the config we did exactly everything what was recommended:

/cfformgateway/* = cfusion

/CFFormGateway/* = cfusion

/flex2gateway/* = cfusion

/flex2gateway = cfusion

/cffileservlet/* = cfusion

/CFFileServlet/* = cfusion

/cfform-internal/* = cfusion

/flashservices/gateway/* = cfusion

/flex-internal/* = cfusion

/rest/* = cfusion

/*.cfml/* = cfusion

/*.mxml = cfusion

/*.as = cfusion

/*.cfm = cfusion

/*.cfm/* = cfusion

/*.swc = cfusion

/*.cfml = cfusion

/*.cfc = cfusion

/*.cfc/* = cfusion

/*.cfr = cfusion

/*.cfswf = cfusion

/*.sws = cfusion

/*.jsp = cfusion

/*.hbmxml = cfusion

Has anyone an idea or solution?

Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2016 Apr 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Animation101 and Checkpointcharlie,

2006 is a long time ago in software development. Piggy-backing on a thread as old as this one may raise more questions than it answers. For example, the majority of developers have abandoned cfform, cfgrid and other Coldfusion UI tags in favour of libraries like jQuery.

Please just start a new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2010 Apr 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I understand this is an older post, I actaully had this same problem with Coldfusion 9 running on Apache on CentOS 5.4.  I posted the solution on http://aliencgi.com/coldfusion/59/.

The resolution was that I needed to modify the Apache config file to include an alias to CFIDE since we had removed it from the websites.

Hope this helps some other poor soul out there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ZeroBarrier,

Follows a simple example of a code of cfgrid.

<cfquery name="qCenters" datasource="cfdocexamples" maxrows="10">
SELECT Name,City,Country FROM Centers
</cfquery>

<cfform method="post" name="GridExampleForm">
<cfgrid
   name="Centers"
   query="qCenters"
   format="flash"
   width="400"
   height="275"
  >

</cfgrid>
</cfform>

cfgridFlash.gif

Best,

Fabiano Magno Pechibella

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation