• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files not deleted in CF 10 tmp directory

Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2015 Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a directory in the CF 10 Windows installation -- ColdFusion10\cfusion\runtime\work\Catalina\localhost\tmp -- that looks like it is used as a temporary storage for files being uploaded using cffile. Usually the file gets created there and then deleted once the processing is complete. But I have an issue where sometimes the files don't get deleted. This is an issue for me because CF is installed on the C drive which has somewhat limited free space. Does anyone know what causes the files to not get deleted and what can be done about it?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2015 Jun 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During upload, ColdFusion will store files in that directory if it cannot identify, as an absolute path, the value of the 'destination' attribute. I am assuming in what follows that there are still files in the directory ColdFusion10\cfusion\runtime\work\Catalina\localhost\tmp.

Right-click in a blank area within the directory. Choose to View the contents by Details. Are any of the Date Modified values recent?

If so, then the corresponding files might not have been uploaded to the directory you expected. Verify that the destination attribute is an absolute path.

It is usual to use the expandPath function for this purpose. For example, to upload a file to the current directory you would use something like directory="#expandPath('.')#\fileName.ext"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2015 Jun 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response. I'm fairly positive we're using an absolute path in our CFFile upload calls. But I'll dig a little deeper and see if there is a bug somewhere that is messing up that path setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation