• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Finding the Oracle data source (ColdFusion application)

Participant ,
Oct 24, 2014 Oct 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I inherited a ColdFusion 10 application with an Oracle 11g back end.  Recently, I began receiving java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: [Macromedia][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-00942: table or view does not exist error message when attempting to access the application on my Test server.  Since it is a gov't application, I do not have direct access to CF Admin or the database.  The gov't SysAdmin has verified the CF Admin connection is valid and connected.  The DBA has verified the data source exists and the database is up and running.  Thoroughly confused as to what is going on.   I posted on the Adobe ColdFusion support forum and they suggested I post it here to get database eyes on the issue.   The thread is here: https://forums.adobe.com/message/6854985#6854985

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Database access

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Nov 24, 2014 Nov 24, 2014

Always check and double check the code before you say it's correct  Thanx BKBK for finding the extra space in the data source.  I don't think that is the problem with Test, but will check again.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded the ColdFusion on my development box from 8 to 10.   I've gone into CF10 Admin and verified the connection to the 10.2 database is correct (Data & Services > Data Sources >  Connected Data Sources > Verify All Connections or Verify my specific connection) and the status says "OK".  I still receive the error data source not found, when attempting to bring up the application.   What other things should I try?   Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2014 Nov 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible that the name of the datasource which Coldfusion cannot find is missing from the list of datasources in CF10 Admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 24, 2014 Nov 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was my first thought.   On my development box, I checked and rechecked and everything is correct.  I've been told on my Test box that everything is correct.  The error on my Development box is Datasource Not Found.  The error on my Test box is [Macromedia][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-00942: table or view does not exist.   I have access to CF10 Admin on my Development box, I do not have it on Test.  When verifying in CF10 Admin, the datasource shows as OK on my Development box.  On Test, the SysAdmin sent me a screen shot that says the same thing.  Severely stumped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It helps to handle one box at a time. Let us take the development box, as you have access to its (Coldfusion 10) administrator.

Please quote the line of code that produces the error. If it is the cfquery tag, then show us the attributes you use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't display the code, like the Test box.   I just get the notice

Datasource xxxxxxxx could not be found.

The xxxxxxxx is the datasource I need to access and the same one that is set up in CF10 Admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The stack trace gives you the line number identifying where the error occurs. If you wish, you could send me the stack trace as a private message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no stack trace

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yoy should enable debug output, even if only temporarily. It can be quite handy in the development environment.

You enable it in the administrator, as follows. Navigate to Debugging & Logging => Debug Output Settings. Check the boxes to "Enable Robust Exception Information" and "Enable Request Debugging Output". Then click on the button to "Submit Changes".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Always check and double check the code before you say it's correct  Thanx BKBK for finding the extra space in the data source.  I don't think that is the problem with Test, but will check again.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation