Highlighted

Form Data & Arguments

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm moving a non-profit's site from CF10 to ColdFusion 2016. Did something change regarding how form data was added to arguments?

We have a simple donation form using the well publicized authorize.net CFC (from John C. Bland II . Form data was pushed to authorizenet.cfc component which processes, and returns the authorization information. On CF10, they had co-mingled #arguments.variable1# with #form.variableZ# to insert the data, along with the merchant response, to a mysql database (and properly not storing the credit card data) , and sending a couple confirmation emails.

However, with CF16 it seems to be that once I call the authorizenet component, the form data is no longer present when the insert function runs and emails are generated.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Form Data & Arguments

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm moving a non-profit's site from CF10 to ColdFusion 2016. Did something change regarding how form data was added to arguments?

We have a simple donation form using the well publicized authorize.net CFC (from John C. Bland II . Form data was pushed to authorizenet.cfc component which processes, and returns the authorization information. On CF10, they had co-mingled #arguments.variable1# with #form.variableZ# to insert the data, along with the merchant response, to a mysql database (and properly not storing the credit card data) , and sending a couple confirmation emails.

However, with CF16 it seems to be that once I call the authorizenet component, the form data is no longer present when the insert function runs and emails are generated.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 28, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried dumping your scopes to see if it has been added to some other scope? I'm not familiar with that particular component unfortunately.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going to say: When you use third-party turnkey solutions, the waters can become a bit muddied.  MercuryNewt's suggestion to dump the scopes to see if they still contain what they should is a good idea to start.  Also, check the browser console when this error happens, just to see if there is anything being reported, there.

HTH,

^ _ ^

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, nothing changed, from CF10 to ColdFusion 2016, regarding how form data is converted to arguments. I, too, am unfamiliar with Authorizenet. Could you show us the relevant code? Have you asked the author/publisher of Authorizenet?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 5+ year old version of authorizenet.cfc needed a complete rewrite when CF-2016 was released. The fact that it is now named authorizenet2016.cfc in github.com is kind of a hint as to the complications! I suggest downloading the authorizenet2016.cfc version and see if that helps. 

Better yet, skip the CFC and just call the well documented authorize.net API directly.

Note that Authorize.net is the VISA credit card subsidiary that is their card processing gateway.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 08, 2019 0
Engaged ,
Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using ColdFusion with Authorize.net since the early 2000's and I can't locate the John C. Bland II CFC anywhere, so I question how "well publicized" it is.  The first (& best) search result in Google for me regarding this CFC is this forum post.

@TEK3333 Where is something renamed authorizenet2016.cfc?  Are you referring to the CFPayment library that uses the source attributed to Mark Drew?  (If so, it may not be the same as the CFC from John C. Bland II.)
https://github.com/ghidinelli/cfpayment/blob/master/api/gateway/authorizenet/authorizenet2016.cfc

Also, in the initial question, "form" is used multiple times to refer to form variables, online HTML fields and potential CFC attributes.  It'd be beneficial to review the source of the initial CFC and how it's being used in this project.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2019 0
TEK3333 LATEST
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, I was referring to the CFC listed at https://github.com/ghidinelli/cfpayment/blob/master/api/gateway/authorizenet/authorizenet2016.cfc by Mark Drew. I never said anything about John C. Bland II in my post.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2019 0