Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Form Results

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to force my <cfselect> results to push content down on a page instead of overlapping. I've tried wrapping the <cfselect> inside of a DIV that has been styled with a CSS (accordion).

The accordion works, however, when I click on the drop down results instead of staying within the confinements of the DIV the results simply overlaps everything.

Has anyone tried displaying their results in another manner using an accordion? Or,

Has anyone been able to force the drop down to push the page's content down so it won't overlap?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate to say it, and I know this isn't the answer you are hoping for, but I advise against using CFFORM or any related elements.

The JavaScript and other libraries that Adobe uses for CFFORM are out of date, and can sometimes interfere with any JavaScript or jQuery code that is written by yourself.  And if you're using Flash (I hope you are not), then your form will soon become unusable, as Flash is dying and will soon no longer be supported in modern browsers.

Your best bet is to use updated JavaScript, include jQuery if you like, and some kind of CSS library like Bootstrap to bring your code into the 21st century.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying. I'm actually not the author of the code that I'm working with. It was inherited. No, it is not a flash form-- bonus.

I will give that (use updated JavaScript, include jQuery ) a try. The results are pulling from a database that I have no direct access to.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Och.. few things make a job more difficult than not having direct access to the database.  Sorry for that.

But, yeah, if you get away from the CFFORM (hopefully the project isn't using CFGRID) and do things manually, I think you'll have a better coding experience.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation