• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

French Character Error

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2006 Jul 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create a pie chart with <cfchart>. When I try to drill-down with $ITEMLABEL$ variable, which returns user selected value that contains a french character on the drill-down column, the french character é display as �.
Anybody has idea with this?? Thanks

before drill-down after drill-down
TOPICS
Database access

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 21, 2006 Jul 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

usually an encoding problem. the pages you posted don't work, so can you post a simple example that illustrates the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2006 Jul 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks everybody's concern, now I can close the ticket because I found the way to solve french accent problem.

There are some ways to change the display by using either coldfusion functions and tags or HTML tags.
The codes like this:

<cfscript>
setEncoding("form", "utf-8");
setEncoding("url", "utf-8");
</cfscript>

<cfcontent type="text/html; charset=utf-8">

<cfoutput>#SetLocale("French (Canadian)")#</cfoutput>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />

you can use any one of above code fragments or all of them in the top of the page. but make sure the charset should be the same anywhere.

Actually, that was not what I did in my project. I am using coldfusion mx7. to solve the french accent problem, some server side fix patch is needed. you will find the hot fix for coldfusion mx7 respecting to solve french accent problem from macromedia website. this update is neccessory. So please ask your system administrator to do that if you sufer from the same problem as me. Good Luck every body!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation