Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FusionReactor voids Request variables

Participant ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm on CF 11 and have Fusion Reactor 7.4.2 up and running. Under Requests => Setting => "Request Content Capture" I say Reactor should capture Requests and Responses.

I perform an AJAX Requests and get an error as an argument does not contain a JSON string as expected. I disable Request Capture again, and everything works as expected.

My AJAX call looks like

$.ajax({
    url: "my.cfc?method=myMethod&_cf_nodebug=true",
    data: {
        listType : 1,
        userID : 1,
        listID : 1,
        extraField : JSON.stringify( {"myvar":1} )
    },
    type: "POST",
    success: function(data){
        //
    }
});

When Request Capture is enabled, the resulting "request.header.xml" file has a parametermap with all the values including the JSON string.

I noticed the error, when the ColdFusion logs showed an error when calling deserializeJSON on one argument as the method in my.cfc has an cfargument with an empty default and does not check for validity of the JSON-String (for historic reasons).

I went to onCFCRequest method in Application.cfc and dumped all the Arguments. Already at that point they were gone.

I wonder, if someone observed similar behaviour.

I only noticed this in the Application I'm working on. I did not try to build a small sample to share and to test on different platforms at this moment.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sort of question (best answered by the fr team) is better suited to the fr discussion forum/mailing list, whose address can be found on the support page at fusion-reactor.com, or (as this seems a bug) directly to support@fusion-reactor.com. You'll find the fr team to be very responsive to concerns like this.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Charlie,

thanks for your reply.  I sent a message to the mail address you provided after I set up a small sample that seemed to confirm my observations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation