I realize this is resurrecting a post from 13 years ago, but I came across it while helping someone, and I see there was a mistake in the code offered (to generate a list of locales from Java, rather than using the built-in CF server scope list of them).
The code above fails to work because this line:
Given the space that appears where this array reference should be, I won't be surprised if the original text DID have it, but it got lost somewhere along the way (perhaps in the conversion from the old forums to the new one), though of course that would be lamentable if it may mean that many code examples could suffer such a problem. I've not seen them, but it's worth noting.
Anyway, just wanted to offer this correction in case someone else might come across it someday, like I did today. And thanks for it, whoever the "newsgroup_user" was, and to the rest shared here by cfsearching, whoever that is/was. 🙂