• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting Data source not found error in ColdFusion 11, but the data source exists and works fine while tested in CF Admin page.

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are migrating ColdFusion servers from 2008 to 2012 and using ColdFusion11 in the new server.

When we are trying to access an application, the page does not load (it works fine in the old server). When we tried to debug the page for error in chrome, we got an error as data source not found, but the data source exists in CF Admin page. It is a shared server and we have multiple applications and each application has a separate CF Admin page.

Kindly assist.

Regards,

Suresh P

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't answer this with the information you've provided. It's not absolutely clear that they are, in fact, the same data source - for example, are you using a variable to contain the data source name? Maybe that's not being set properly in the new server for some reason. Or maybe the application isn't running in the specific CF server you think it is? I don't know.

Also, on an unrelated note, I would recommend against posting internal screen shots without removing any identifying information from them first.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation