• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

getting error after updating to CF-11 8 release.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2016 Jun 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone please help me to findout why I am getting below error while hitting coldfusion administrator url after updationg to CF-11 8 release.

Error invoking CFC /CFIDE/administrator/updates/download.cfc : Internal Server Error [Enable debugging by adding 'cfdebug' to your URL parameters to see more information

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on my CF10 Server in my development environment.

In my case, it's due to a failed update/hotfix.  I'm not sure how to fix it.  But if the server account used to apply updates/patches isn't an administrator account, that may prevent the update/patch from fully being applied, and may not necessarily display any error messages regarding a failed update.

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CF11 Update 9 was released today. Try applying that update and follow the linked instructions carefully.

Cheers

Eddie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are on a Windows OS, I'd recommend installing updates via an elevated command prompt rather than through the CF Administrator, especially if you have applied the lockdown guide.  However, if you CF Administrator is already hosed by a failed previous update installation, you may not be able to install a newer update.  You should be able to uninstall the failed update via the command line.

Navigate to your {coldfusion installation root folder}/cfusion/hf-updates/hf-11-0008/uninstall folder.  There should be an uninstaller.jar file in there.  Run "java -jar uninstaller.jar" to execute it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2016 Jun 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Carl Von Stetten​,

Last week, I applied Update 20 for CF10 using the elevated command prompt, and nearly hosed my (@ work) development CF Server.  But that was primarily because we have our CFIDE in another location, outside of the webroot.

As I understand it, if the "Server Updates" in CFAdmin is used, then the CF instance, itself, knows where your CFIDE and web root files are located, if they are in the same folders or in different folders.  So the updated .cfm files for CFAdmin are properly placed.  However, if you are using .jar files in an elevated command prompt, the .jar files have no way of discerning the folder locations of CFIDE and webroot - they will just automatically assume that you did not change the default configuration, and will apply changes to the default locations.

Now, I was EXTREMELY lucky in that all I had to do to correct my mistake was to rename both CFIDE.* folders, and copy/paste the new into the old.  But you cannot count on luck, so I recommend using the CFAdmin GUI for applying updates.

Unless my CFAdmin is hosed, I will never use .jar + elevated command prompt for CF updates.  Just my two cents.

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WolfShade​ any time you move things out of the ColdFusion installation folder structure, you'll have problems with the updaters in some way or form.  The problem with running the updates from the CF Admin interface is that if you've applied the lockdown guide (specifically the parts about restricting security to specific Windows accounts and running the ColdFusion service as a specific local or domain Windows user account) the updates often fail when trying to overwrite files.  I've had this problem on numerous CF10 and CF11 installations.  The workaround is to run the updater under an elevated command prompt.

In your case, I'd suggest keeping the CFIDE stuff in the ColdFusion \cfusion\wwwroot, and then use IIS request filtering to block access to the /CFIDE folder entirely (or just remove the CFIDE virtual directory).  Then copy the CFIDE stuff you need to your custom folder location(s).  Each time you apply an update, resync your copy(ies) of CFIDE with the one in the ColdFusion \cfusion\wwwroot.  A tool like Beyond Compare makes it relatively easy to keep in sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, your suggestions cannot be applied where I work.  I'm a USG federal contractor.

The way we have it set up, now, we modify the updates.xml file to point to a local folder where we upload the update .jar files, go into CFAdmin and run the updater.  Works flawlessly, even with the lockdown (and then some) applied.

At home, my personal development environment (Linux/Apache) has the lockdown in place, also with CFIDE located outside the wwwroot folder for security reasons.  Same thing - modify updates.xml to point to a local .jar file and run within the CFAdmin.

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in application log..I can able to see below error.

o

rg.apache.http.impl.conn.CPool.setValidateAfterInactivity(I)V The

specific sequence of files included or processed is:

/var/www/ogcm/cadmin/CFIDE/administrator/updates/index.cfm, line: 741

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2016 Jul 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ColdFusion won't start after applying CF11 Update 8 (or Update 9) - I had to remove both updates before CF would start up. Any thoughts? It also hangs during the install in the CF Admin (service couldn't startup automatically, you will have to manually start the CF service and try again.) Then CF hangs while stopping the service. If I kill the service it hangs when starting the service. Just a nightmare. All previous updates have worked flawlessly in the past. Would love some suggestions to get these updates installed properly please.

OS is Windows Server 2012 x64

Thanks, BB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2016 Jul 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

Could you please try starting the ColdFusion from command prompt and let me know if you encounter any error?

Run the command prompt as administrator: C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\bin> cfstart.bat

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2016 Aug 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Vikram, I assume you mean AFTER I update CF to update 9? I have rolled back to update 7 which seems to be stable at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation