• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hardware Specification Performance Monitoring Toolset

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't find any recommended hardware specs for the performance monitoring toolset.

When I installed it I saw it uses elasticsearch, and it started with 2.5GB monitoring a single empty server.

On the elasticsearch site, they recommend a machine with 64GB, I can assume this is different for this implementation. But I can not find any specs for this.

How much memory/cpu usage should I expect per added monitored server? Is there any instruction on this anywhere?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

@cswebworks:

There is no specific amount of RAM which is needed per added CF server. However, it depends on the type of load you have on these CF servers.

Performance monitoring toolset monitors two types of information:

• Request metrics(It includes information per request basis) - It can generate data according to the load on the CF servers.
  • Non-request metrics(It includes CPU usage, memory usage, network usage, disk I/O, JVM usage etc.) - It generates fixed amount of data per CF server added to the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@cswebworks:

There is no specific amount of RAM which is needed per added CF server. However, it depends on the type of load you have on these CF servers.

Performance monitoring toolset monitors two types of information:

• Request metrics(It includes information per request basis) - It can generate data according to the load on the CF servers.
  • Non-request metrics(It includes CPU usage, memory usage, network usage, disk I/O, JVM usage etc.) - It generates fixed amount of data per CF server added to the PMT which can be around 80-100 MB per day.

So, it needs more storage, if you want to retain metrics information for the longer period. However, we also have an option to archive the older information which is no longer relevant.

As far as the memory/cpu usage is concern, I can recommend you more appropriately, if you can tell me how many servers you are planning to monitor.

I will definitely check and share the hardware specs for the performance monitoring toolset.

-Nimit Sharma

ColdFusion Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nimit,

Thanks for the info so far.

Let's say we will monitor 5 coldfusion servers.

-Jay

CS /webworks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jay,

Can you also mention the traffic which your website handle per day?

-Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nimit,

This is very different on our servers. We have servers that serve from 100 to 30.000.000 requests per day. And they are very different in types of traffic.

As it seems that this is very dependent on the traffic the servers handle, we will just have to see and scale up on the fly.

Thanks for your fast replies and for trying to help, much appreciated.

If you could still come up with some sort of ballpark figure, that would be great.

Many regards,

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jay,

Given that you have significant load on your website. I would recommend using at least 8 GB heap size to start with.

-Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation