Highlighted

Having to manually change file extension in photoshop!

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having to manually change my file extensions when saving in photoshop.  For example if I am trying to save a psd file as a jpeg I click save as then jpeg but the top (where you see the file name and extension) does not change and I have to manually type jpeg in there.  This is extremely furstrating becuase I am constnatnly changing file extensions.  Please someone have a fix for this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Having to manually change file extension in photoshop!

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having to manually change my file extensions when saving in photoshop.  For example if I am trying to save a psd file as a jpeg I click save as then jpeg but the top (where you see the file name and extension) does not change and I have to manually type jpeg in there.  This is extremely furstrating becuase I am constnatnly changing file extensions.  Please someone have a fix for this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 10, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might not be the ideal solution, but.. instead of saving as and then changing the filetype and manually entering the proper .ext, save it as the default .png (so it can always be edited in the future) and then EXPORT it in the format that you need.  This _should_ bypass the need to manually change the file extension.  But, then again, I'm not familiar with the latest PhotoShop, so this might not work.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2019 0