• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having troubles getting PDF technical papers indexed on Google Scholar

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, we have a large repository of PDF technical documents (mostly papers presented at meetings) that we've been trying to get indexed on Google Scholar, with no luck. The PDFs are stored outside the webroot, behind a sign-in wall, and served up to visitors via cfpdf, cfcontent and more.

We've gone over the Google Scholar guidelines for inclusion as carefully as we can. Our content is being indexed by Microsoft Academic, which appears to follow the same guidelines, but no luck with Google. Google themselves do not provide a way to talk to them directly about it. We've tried submitting requests to have our content manually indexed, to no avail.

Does anybody have experience with getting content indexed by Google Scholar? I am happy to share my ColdFusion code, although it's pretty simple. It may have something to do with the PDFs being outside the webroot and thus unable to be indexed by Google bots, but I can't think of any way to test this or verify it. We are definitely not blocking Google in our robots.txt.

Thank you in advance for any advice or suggestions you can provide!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?