Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help installing new JDBC driver on LINUX

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2006 Aug 08, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Today, I downloaded the new SQL Server 2005 JDBC Driver onto my Linux Server. The path to the driver's .jar file is /root/sqljdbc_1.0/enu/sqljdbc.jar. I placed that path in my CF Adminstrator "Java and JVM" page's Class Path field. I restarted the app server but each time I try to establish a dsn connection I keep getting this error. (note: I have dsn's set up already to this instance of SQL Server 2005 so the communicatio is there but I would prefer to use this new driver)

Connection verification failed for data source: dsnTestDB
java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver available for dsnTestDB, please check the driver setting in resources file, error: null
The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver available for dsnTestDB please check the driver setting in resources file, error: null

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

mdg1
Houston, TX
TOPICS
Database access

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Aug 09, 2006 Aug 09, 2006
Try placing the jar file in the {cfmx-root}/runtime/servers/lib (create if not already there) directory if you have the server install or the {jrun-root}/servers/lib directory if you have the multiserver or j2ee install on JRun. Restart the Coldfusion applicatioin server.

Ted Zimmerman

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Aug 09, 2006 Aug 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try placing the jar file in the {cfmx-root}/runtime/servers/lib (create if not already there) directory if you have the server install or the {jrun-root}/servers/lib directory if you have the multiserver or j2ee install on JRun. Restart the Coldfusion applicatioin server.

Ted Zimmerman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2006 Aug 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ted,

It worked perfectly....

Thanks for the help,

mdg1
Houston, TX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation