Hide the ColdFusion version information from WSDL

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help to hide the CF version information form WSDL. I am using the ColdFusion 9.

Example: When I am looking for any WSDL through browser, the below comment get added.

<!--WSDL created by ColdFusion version 9,0,1,274733-->

I want to hide this information. Please advise, is there any way to hide this information for ColdFusion 9.

Thanks in Advance.

Message was edited by: Abhijeet Adawale

Views

483

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if there is a way to hide that information in CFAdmin or through attributes.

HOWEVER, if the information is added on-the-fly you might be able to use Regular Expressions to remove the information before plugging the output into any pages.  Something simple like using REreplace() to globally look in the output for (and I'm totally guessing, here) "<!--WSDL[^>]-->" and replace it with a blank.

HTH,

^_^

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I tried to use the REreplace() function in OnRequestStart() of Application.cfc, however it is not working.

I used the reference of WSDL ColdFusion version visible - need it hidden

Abhijeet

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure where to go, then.  I haven't worked with any webservices or WSDL.

If you used the REreplace() mask as provided in that link, try my suggested mask (as is; without the '\r\n' of the link) as that takes care of everything between "WSDL" and "-->", no matter what it is.

If that still doesn't work, the link you provided was from 2012 (5 years as of this writing), so a lot may have changed since then.  See if any Google searches limited to the last year provide any different suggested solutions.

HTH,

^_^

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines