• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

History Report (spreadsheet) Possible?

Contributor ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am faced with doing a huge migration, so I am going through history to make sure I capture every change and review it prior to this push.

Is there any way to export a list of the History, preferably to a spreadsheet, to make this task easier?

RLS

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that selecting History, copying, and pasting would be the answer, and that worked well, but it does not grab the affected programs (path+name) so I'm still looking for the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RLS, I don't know if you'l be able to get what you want from that Local history feature in CF Builder/Eclipse. More on that in a moment.

But really, I think you're expecting too much from it. What you'd be better served by would be a version control system (Git, Subversion, CVS, etc.), though I do appreciate that such would only help you going forward. They would not help you capture the history before they were implemented.

As for the Local History feature, do beware of a potential concern, even if somehow you CAN get a listing of all the edits that it tracked: beware that there is a max file size setting, which limits what files are tracked at all with the Local history feature. See Preferences>General>Workspace>Local History

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charlie, thank you, we are moving to a GIT system, but we need to make this final migration first.  We are using a subversion system, though, already, and that's the history I'm trying to get.  I can grab everything from 1/1/2016 on just fine, but I can't get the actual files involved, with paths, that would make this so much easier.

RLS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, wait, then: if you’re not using the Local History feature, but Subversion instead, then why not seek what you want from Subversion itself (any UI or command-line interface you have to it)?

This may just be a case where the version control integration built into CFB/Eclipse is just not as capable as it could be, for this rather unique need you have. Have you yet tried to get it from SVN directly?

/charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charlie,

Good call! Please excuse me while I wipe this egg off of my face.

I was able to capture the log, save it to text, import it to Excel, and clean the crap in much faster time. This should help immensely.

Thank you.

RLS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sweet (that you resolved things). Glad to have helped.

/charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation