• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I connect to Oracle using CF11 standard?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2014 Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing CF11, I now see that there is no option for Oracle in the driver selection list anymore. I need to connect to an Oracle 11g R2 database. I downloaded the ojdbc.jar driver from Oracle and placed it in the /jre/lib folder. I've restarted CF, but do not know how to connect. Is there something I can do to get Oracle to show up in the selection list like it used to in earlier versions of CF (like 7 and 8)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 25, 2014 Jul 25, 2014

Oracle 11g R2 is not supported with Standard version of ColdFusion 11. That's why, you are unable to see Oracle in the datasource section. You can follow the same steps for Oracle 11g datasource, as mentioned in the ColdFusion-10 64bit and MSAccess — Adobe ColdFusion Blog. The article is for MS Access, but the steps are almost similar.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2014 Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oracle 11g R2 is not supported with Standard version of ColdFusion 11. That's why, you are unable to see Oracle in the datasource section. You can follow the same steps for Oracle 11g datasource, as mentioned in the ColdFusion-10 64bit and MSAccess — Adobe ColdFusion Blog. The article is for MS Access, but the steps are almost similar.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just how is this supposed to be useful for installing a driver that talks to Oracle???   That article is all about installing MS Access drivers and then using those drivers to talk to an *.mdb file.  #Worthless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation