• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I ensure that my project is a ColdFusion Project in ColdFusion Builder?

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Questions about ColdFusion Builder or possibly ColdFusion in general. I'm trying to wrap my head around Projects and Workspaces. With Java, there's a directory-namespace hierarchy that associates programs under one package. I'm simplifying it, of course, but having this structure allows me to share code within one package but I'm still unclear how that works with CF.

I incorrectly imported a CF project into CF Builder using these steps: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10488276/coldfusion-builder-open-project. Now CF Builder says that my project doesn't belong to a CF project and tried to follow these steps to apply CF Nature to the project (https://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/using-coldfusion-builder/managing-projects.html#Importexportandde...) but error message says "Project is already open in the workspace." So now I'm confused because I'm told that my project isn't and also is a CF Project? And why would it make a difference if it's open in the workspace? What's a Project and what is a Workspace? How do I check to see if something is a Project because I assumed that if it pops up in the Navigator panel I successfully imported as a Project, but the error message stating that it doesn't belong to a CF Project proves otherwise?

Many  thanks for any information, please, and apologies if these are a lot of questions. Wasn't quite sure how to ask or if there are proper terminologies that I should be using or if I'm asking the right questions.

ColdFusion Builder 2018: Version: 3.2.1, Build: 313943

Message was edited by: Thuy Ngo

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I missed 2 things in your description:

1. Whether or not your project folder is under ColdFusion's wwwroot; if it isn't, whether you have created a link to resources in wwwroot.

2. Whether or not you have completed the following Project settings:

> Project > Properties > ColdFusion Project

> Project > Properties > ColdFusion Server Settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation