• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get CF10 to traverse symlinked directories on Apache?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gentlepersons of Adobe.com,

We have an application that uses symlink'ed directories in a CF webroot on Apache. This has worked fine on CF8, and CF9, but is now broken on CF 10. By broken, I mean Apache/CF do not "see" the files and 404s result.

At the suggestion of Ben Nadel, I tried modifying /opt/coldfusion10/cfusion/runtime/conf/server.xml, adding allowLinking="true" to a Context node.

This did not work. Link here.

I also tried modifying my apache site config, adding a FollowSymLinks option to my directory node. This didn't work.

I went into the CF administrator and added mappings for the symlinked directories in question. This also did not work.

Has anyone had success or have ideas on how to configure CF10 to follow symlinks?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2015 Mar 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a continuing issue with CF 11. We are using Ubuntu Linux 12.04 and 14.04.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation