• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HOw Do I under ColdFusion 2018 deploy an application to cluster

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have installed multiple instance of ColdFusion on 3 servers to setup and test configurations,

Looking for help on deploying application to a cluster documentation does not seem to discuss anything beyond single instance deployment

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "deploy an application to cluster". You can deploy the same application to multiple instances, and those instances can be clustered, but there's no mechanism to automatically deploy that application to all cluster members. And, you're responsible for figuring out how you want state management to work. Each cluster member will have its own Application scope, and you can specify how the Session scope should be handled when you define the cluster.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the app built and have it running on one node of a clustered ColdFusion Server1/cfusion cluster cls1

Instance cluster

Server1

cfusion cls1

cfusion1 cls2

Server2

cfusion cls1

cfusion1 cls2

Server3

cfusion cls1

cfusion1 cls2

have .car or .war file and want to deploy to the other 2 servers of ‘cls1’ can I deploy in ColdFusion package and deployment or do I have to setup Tomcat farm war deployer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I'd recommend that you not use the initial cfusion instance for anything other than creating and managing instances if you plan to run multiple instances. You really don't want to overwrite the initial cfusion instance with a configured WAR file.

Second, if you have a WAR file, you can deploy that directly within the CF Administrator's Instance Manager of the cfusion instance to create a new instance. I'm not a big fan of doing that, personally. I think it's easier to just deploy CF code and configuration within an existing instance. There are all sorts of resources out there on how to do this. But it can definitely be done.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google Coldfusion + cluster and you will get a lot of useful information

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DO not have an issue with cluster, but if I am running a cluster and I have a myapp.car or mayapp.war file I want to run in the cluster does it get deployed to the cluster nodes or do I have to go to every instance and deploy the application to the ColdFusion wwwroot folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have to go to every cluster node, per my previous answer. There's a cluster manager, but it won't update the running application or deploy files. It just lets you add or remove cluster members.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation