• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I uninstall Coldfusion Builder 3?

Engaged ,
Feb 06, 2015 Feb 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac OSX 10.10.2 and I have CFBuilder3 Build: 292922

When I click on the Uninstall application under the Coldfusion Builder 3 directory it does nothing. I can't even get a process to spawn in my Activity Monitor....

Anyone know how to get rid of this thing?

Thanks in advance,

Rich

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Feb 07, 2015 Feb 07, 2015

Bug submitted. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Feb 07, 2015 Feb 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to restart my computer and the uninstaller ran after that.

Thanks,

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing that with us. Please kindly mark it as the correct answer. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is, this is NOT the correct answer, Adobe really needs to fix this product. In my eyes this is actually a reproducible bug that should be logged against the Coldfusion Builder 3 bug log. If you can provide me with a link to submit this as a bug I'd be happy to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bugs can be submitted here - https://bugbase.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug submitted. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for filing the bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And for those playing along at home, here is the link to that specific bug report:  Bug#3936098 - Uninstaller doesn't always run

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to uninstall Coldfusion Builder 3 from my laptop and that uninstaller won't run at all, even after a restart! Does anyone know how to manually uninstall this thing?

Thanks,

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2015 Feb 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

richardELeach wrote:

I was trying to uninstall Coldfusion Builder 3 from my laptop and that uninstaller won't run at all, even after a restart! Does anyone know how to manually uninstall this thing?

Rich, I fail to understand. You said earlier,

I had to restart my computer and the uninstaller ran after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The restart seemed to work on my Mac Pro computer but it is not working on my laptop (MacBook Pro):

Here is the version that I'm dealing with:

Welcome to Adobe® ColdFusion® Builder™ 3

Version: 3.0.0

Build: 289860

All this trying to get these ORM CFC Generators to work! I'd love to keep working with CFBuilder, are you guys working on these issues?

Thanks again for your help,

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richard,

You will rarely see responses here from actual Adobe ColdFusion team members.  Most of us are just fellow ColdFusion enthusiasts and community members, sharing our knowledge and experience where possible.  If you have a specific issue with CF Builder, and want Adobe's assistance, please reach out to their tech support or file a bug report.  If you've found an actual bug with CF Builder, but haven't filed a bug report (or checked to see if one has already been filed and then added your vote), the ColdFusion team will never know.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Carl, I have in fact submitted a bug to the buglog for this issue.

I really appreciate the help that you and the rest of the community continue to provide.

Thanks again,

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the kind words, and thank you for filing the bug.  Ball is now in Adobe's court!

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation