• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you change the ColdFusion Administrator password? Does this require a restart of a service or any interuption of service?

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you change the ColdFusion Administrator password? Does this require a restart of a service or any interruption of service?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you know the password, you can change it in the CF Administrator. I'm assuming you don't know the password. In this case, you'll need to stop the CF service, go to the filesystem and change {your CF version}\cfusion\lib\neo-security.xml to disable the admin password, restart the CF service, then configure password settings in CF Administrator as desired.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or since cf10 there has been the new passwordreset script in cfusion/bin (as opposed to editing that xml file). That, too, requires a restart, though. More at:

Forgotten password and cannot log in to ColdFusion administrator

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Charlie!

I do know the password, I just need to change it. I see where to change it in CF Administrator under Security, Administrator.

Does changing the password this way require a CF service restart? Does it interrupt user operations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Changing it in the admin takes effect immediately. No restart needed.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave! I do know the password, I just need to change it. I see where to change it in CF Administrator in Security, Administrator.

Does changing the password this way require a CF service restart? Does it interrupt user operations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation