• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to get the MS Access data source in the CF 2016 Administrator

New Here ,
May 30, 2016 May 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on databases programming using ColdFusion Builder 2016. I have to use Microsoft Access database 2010 with CF.

I have downloaded AccessDatabaseEngine_x64.exe (Access Database Engine 2010, 64-bit) from MS site and installed it. I created a System Data Source using System DSN from a 64-bit ODBC Data Souce.

However, when I tried to create a Data Source (with exactly same name) by selecting the "Microsoft Access" driver type choice from ColdFusion administrator,

I had the error message: The ColdFusion ODBC Server service is not running or has not been installed.

Previously, I tried to create a CF data source with 32-bit version Access Database Engine installed, but it didn't work.  So I removed it and installed a 64-bit version, but it still doesn't work.

So, how to install ColdFusion ODBC Server service and how to get the MS Access data source in the CF Administrator, so that I can use it in my CF program?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Database access

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if this post is of any help.

Cheers

Eddie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Yesterday I followed exactly the instructions in that post and it still didn't work.  That's why I posted the message here. I don't know what is missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have double-checked all the steps; I did exactly as mentioned in another thread on this topic (on April 11th). I rebooted computer.  Still it doesn't work.  I have CF Builder 2016 64-bit, Windows 8, MS Access DataBase Engine 2010 (64-bit), database (.accdb) saved in MS Office 2013.

I also don't have "MS Access with Unicode" driver in the selection choice of CF administrator Data Source.  How can I get this Unicode drive, so that at least I can try this alternative.

Without this, I can't do any program further! So, please anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2016 Jun 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was this JDBC alternative some years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are a couple other threads with this topic that I have been following.  I went back and installed MS Access 2010 32bit drivers and then used the SYSWOW32 DSN to force the ODBC install.  Got the typical errors but the regedit under the SYSWOW6432 showed the drivers accepted.

CF Admin still gives the same response and I have not yet gotten all the settings for my CF based upgrade to work but it is close.  Waiting to hear back from a couple of emails and especially from Charlie Arehart.

Oh, and I also set the App pool to allow 32 bit drivers as all previous CF threads discussed.

As a sidebar, I solved the issue with handshaking SQL Express 2016 with MS Server 2016. That is for another day and thread.

Will advise soon, I hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation