Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to include LDAP settings in Cold Fusion Administration

Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We are using LDAP connectivity strings to connect to the database instead of using Hostnames. In the ColdFusion Admin settings page I am unable to find a place where I can enter this information. Is there any way I can do this ? 

I tried entering the LDAP string in the Advanced setings page but it did not work. Or LDAP server settings are similar to the one shown below.

LDAP Server : oid1.city.ca:389:636
Context : dc=city,dc=ca
DBService: pctestD

I dont want to use LDAP directly on my pages as this may require a lot of modification. Instead I would like to define LDAP Database connectivity using the LDAP settings, please advice.

Thanks

IQ

TOPICS
Advanced techniques , Database access

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as ColdFusion is concerned, LDAP is not a database. When ColdFusion specifies "database", it really means RDBMS most of the time, or at least something that you can connect to via JDBC and send SQL statements once you've connected. LDAP is not an RDBMS.

I'm also not entirely sure what you're trying to accomplish, so more detail about that might be useful.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to access AD through LDAP for authentication/authorization???  As opposed to using a logon/pw combo?

As Dave has stated, what you asked for in your OP isn't being clearly presented, so we don't really know what you're asking for.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, To answer your questions, we are trying to connect to the Database server using LDAP protocol, so instead of hardcoding the Server name as is done in the Login/Password combo we are trying to do this using a LDAP connection string, please let me know how to do this ? 

Thanks

IQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Per my answer in the other thread, I'm pretty sure you won't be able to do this.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation