• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to install ColdFusion 9 in Windows 10 (IIS 10)?

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has ever figured out a way to install ColdFusion 9 in Windows 10 (IIS 10)? I understand CF 9 is not officially supported in Windows 10 / IIS 10, but I'm wondering if there is some clever way to make this work? Our ColdFusion production server is hosted by our ISP and we are unable to upgrade ColdFusion at this time, so I'm stuck with CF 9 for now. I would very much like to be able to continue to develop and test in the same version as our production server, and my new development machine is Windows 10.

I tried the CF 9 installer, chose the developer option, and got no errors until I got to the step where the installer wants to load the ColdFusion administrator page to complete the setup process where I promptly get a 404.3 not found error. I tried rebooting the machine, went to the CF admin and same results. After some further looking into this, I believe the issue was that the IIS handlers never got installed, so IIS did not know what to do with a CFM file. So even though the Admin files exist on the server, IIS doesn't know how to serve them to the browser. Also it appears the following Windows services never got installed:

ColdFusion 9 .NET Service

ColdFusion 9 ODBC Agent

ColdFusion 9 ODBC Server

So I guess I really have two problems: 1. How to get all the Windows services to install, and 2. How to make ColdFusion work with IIS 10.

When I try to use the Web Server Configuration Tool to set up IIS, it looks like it could work until I try to add all IIS websites and click OK at which point I get the error "Version 10.0 is installed. Supported versions are 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x". So might there be a way to fool the WSC Tool into thinking that IIS 10 is in fact IIS 7 or is that not going to help? I did take the step of adding the IIS 6-related management tools thinking that would allow the CF 9 installer to work with IIS 10 (this seemed to be necessary for IIS 7.x).

If I could get the Windows services to install, but then use another server like Apache, might that possibly work? Any other platform combinations in Windows 10 like that that could possibly work? Thanks in advance for any ideas you might have.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not getting any hits on this, so thought I would post an update. I don't have a magic solution yet, but I got closest to making things work when running the 32-bit installer as an administrator, and using an Apache server rather than IIS. It seems like the two ODBC-related Windows services (ColdFusion 9 ODBC Agent, ColdFusion 9 ODBC Server) don't get installed until after the installer finishes and takes you to the ColdFusion Administrator the first time to finish the setup. I then ran into a road-block when I tried to set up a data source in the CF admin and got errors. I'll need to troubleshoot that further but could be some confusion about 32-bit data sources versus 64-bit data sources.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation