Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to register Coldfusion 2018 Developer version with a new license key

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to register our new Coldfusion license for 2018 on the Developer version installed on our server. I am going into the settings summary on the Admin page , as per the instrauctions it says I should see a New License field but I do not see any new license field.  All I see at the top is "When clicked, generates a PDF with the Server Settings in a new Window. "

How to register my Developer version with the new license key ? 

Also I would like to use the same Enterprise version license for our Development and Production servers, is this possible ? 

Thanks

IQ

TOPICS
Advanced techniques , Database access , Documentation , Getting started , Reporting , Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Nope, not the "Settings summary" page. Use the "System Information" page isntead. Click the "i" icon in the top right of the CF Admin.

The two pages sahre a lot of info, but not that license key feature (sadly). Where did you see something saying to use the "settings summary" page? If it's anything I can change, I would do that.

Plus, to be clear, you are not "registering your developer edition" at all. You are merely adding a given license key to your current CF, which happens to be running

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, not the "Settings summary" page. Use the "System Information" page isntead. Click the "i" icon in the top right of the CF Admin.

The two pages sahre a lot of info, but not that license key feature (sadly). Where did you see something saying to use the "settings summary" page? If it's anything I can change, I would do that.

Plus, to be clear, you are not "registering your developer edition" at all. You are merely adding a given license key to your current CF, which happens to be running the Developer edition (which had been a trial edition for the first 30 days after you installed.)  The distinction may not matter, but there it is.

As for using the same license key on a Development server (if that's what you mean), that is allowed with the Enterprise edition. With the CF Standard license, you would need to buy 2 Std licenses to be able to do that (with one of them). See the CF End User Licensing Agreement for those details. If you google those terms, the PDF for the EULA will appear. It's a little confusing in its legalese, but only a few pages long.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Charlie for your prompt reply, it worked , I can now register both my Dev and Prod servers with the same Enterprise version license key. Looking forward to working with you guys closely now that we on a full Enterprise version. ColdFusion documentation as always is perfect no need of any changes or updates. The documentation regarding setting sumarry which I referred to in my previous post was a misunderstanding on my part, I got confused becuase the information on the two pages are very similar in their content. Setting summary and the page where we input the licence key by clicking the ? button the top right.  I would like the same feature to be made available on both pages to input the license key, if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to help, and I shared you lament. You should file a feature request at tracker.adobe.com. It's not a waste of time. Such requests and bug reports do seem to be attended to by Adobe.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again Charlie, Just posted the suggestion on their tracker. Lets see hopefully they include it, its not something major but may help others like me, who kind of get confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation