• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to show cfm, html, js, css, and browser tab in coldfusion builder 3?

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2014 Jul 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Coldfusion Builder 2, I see these tabs are available when I create a new page, but not on Coldfusion Builder 3.

fZNKO.png

What should I do to show them on CFB 3?

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 21, 2014 Dec 21, 2014

Builder 3 does not seem to offer those sub-tabs in its toolbar, but if you open each of those kinds of files, you’ll find that the top toolbar (where they appeared) shows many of the same icons for each of those type of files as was previously listed in those sub-tabs.

I realize that isn’t as helpful if you are opening a single CFM or HTML file which happens to have also HTML, CSS, and JS code in it. You won’t see the icons for that other kind of code, even when you move to such code.

FWIW, note

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2014 Aug 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An excellent question! It's a deal breaker for me. I still use CFB2...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2014 Dec 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there some one out there that can answer this question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Builder 3 does not seem to offer those sub-tabs in its toolbar, but if you open each of those kinds of files, you’ll find that the top toolbar (where they appeared) shows many of the same icons for each of those type of files as was previously listed in those sub-tabs.

I realize that isn’t as helpful if you are opening a single CFM or HTML file which happens to have also HTML, CSS, and JS code in it. You won’t see the icons for that other kind of code, even when you move to such code.

FWIW, note that CFB 1 and 2 had previously relied upon an underlying 3rd party tool called Aptana, for most such HTML, CSS, and JS-specific functionality. In CFB3 that product was dropped and the CFB team tried to recreate much of its functionality. This (the tabs for other code within a single file extension) may be something they didn’t think was used often, or maybe there was a challenge in doing so.

Even so, do note also that there is still support for CSS and JS (and HTML) within a CFM page, in terms of CFB’s features like code completion, code assist, outline view, etc.

Still, I realize that some of the “wrap”-oriented tools in that old toolbar aren’t accessible any other way, so you may want to file a feature request (or bug report, however you may want to cast it) at bugbase.adobe.com.

Hope that’s helpful.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to see an answer for this one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation