Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to upgrade from CF10 to CF2016?

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We are currently running Coldfusion 10. Since CF10 will become unsupported from May 2019, we want to upgrade it to a higher version.

What is the simplest way of upgrading from CF10 to CF 2016 or CF 11? Do I need to contact Adobe for this (Email / Phone...?) ?

Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would recommend just upgrading all the way to CF 2018, to reduce the number of future upgrades you have to do. You can buy ColdFusion from any Adobe reseller. You don't need to contact Adobe about this. You can leave your old CF version on the same machine, which can make upgrading a little easier, but you obviously can't have both CF versions connected to the same external web server. Ideally, you'd have a separate test server for doing all this.

Most upgrades I've seen have been pretty smooth. But if you're doing anything unusual, that's where you're most likely to run into problems.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation