Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTTP Status 500 - java.lang.NullPointerException help

Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I am in need to some help. I am migrating servers, and I am getting this error. I can't even get to the CF Admin. What do I do? My google-fu has not been very good on this error.

HTTP Status 500 - java.lang.NullPointerException

type Exception report

message java.lang.NullPointerException

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NullPointerException coldfusion.bootstrap.ClassloaderHelper.initServletClass(ClassloaderHelper.java:129) coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.init(BootstrapServlet.java:59) org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:501) org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98) org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:422) org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.process(AjpProcessor.java:198) org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:607) org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:313) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) 

root cause

java.lang.NullPointerException coldfusion.CfmServlet.init(CfmServlet.java:97) coldfusion.bootstrap.ClassloaderHelper.initServletClass(ClassloaderHelper.java:121) coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.init(BootstrapServlet.java:59) org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:501) org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98) org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:422) org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.process(AjpProcessor.java:198) org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:607) org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:313) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) 

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/7.0.52 logs.

Apache Tomcat/7.0.52

TOPICS
Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 05, 2016 Aug 05, 2016

Yes, you should uninstall, delete all Coldfusion folders and files, then re-install. You will be glad to hear that I installed Coldfusion 11 on Windows Server 2012 R2 a few weeks ago without any problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, forget about proceeding with this installation. The messages suggest that it is incomplete. That is typically the kind of error you get when you attempt to install a new Coldfusion version or update on an existing installation.

Try to uninstall or to reverse whatever you have done, and return to the previous, clean starting position. You could then share with us

your existing Coldfusion version and build, your Operating System and what you intend to achieve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 05, 2016 Aug 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So should I uninstall and reinstall ColdFusion? I am working with a new server running Windows Server 2012 R2. ColdFusion version is 11. No hotfixes or anything yet. I'm trying to migrate from CF11 on a server running Windows Server 2008.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you should uninstall, delete all Coldfusion folders and files, then re-install. You will be glad to hear that I installed Coldfusion 11 on Windows Server 2012 R2 a few weeks ago without any problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the advice, I uninstalled and reinstalled and everything works again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation