• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need to run around 20 scheduled task on coldfusion server every minute. what shall be the performance impact?

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently we are having as single scheduled for multiple instances. We are considering changing the logic to create one scheduled job per instance. What shall be the performance hit on the server with multiple (20+) scheduled jobs running every minute??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depends on what the scheduler does

If it queries the database, it might slow down the complete system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have one scheduled task that runs every minute and is performing 20+ jobs, then making 20+ scheduled tasks that run every minute and perform only one task shouldn't make much (if any) difference on performance.***

I'm just curious as to _why_ you're running tasks every minute.  That, alone, can make a difference.  Is there no way to detect when something needs to be run, and run it only then?

V/r,

^ _ ^

*** This is going on the assumption that you do not schedule any of them to run at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In general, 20 requests a minute is nothing for CF.

I have worked on servers getting 100s requests a second and CF performs fine.

However, if you are sending out 1000 emails in a request, or processing results sets in the 1000s then that is more batch work.  I would run that on it's own CF instance(s) as well. 

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation