• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If I upgrade a customer from CF 6 MX to CF 11, should I do the Version 8, 9, 10 and then 11 or go directly to 11?

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have decided to stay with ColdFusion and I would be purchasing version 11.  But my concern was that there might be a greater chance of issues with compatibility from 6 directly to 11 than performing the incremental versions and test as I go.  Of course, the license key is an issue if I stop at all the intermittent versions, I would suppose.

Very old version and sorry to have to ask this question.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello! Not an expert but I just wanted to share that in my experience upgrading from CF MX 6.1 to CF 11, I didn't really have any problems. All the webservices I was running in 6.1 ran smoothly in CF11.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will only be able to purchase a CF11 license. You wont be able to get an upgrade to it from 6.1. The versions in between are all old and unsupported now so you wont be able to get licences for them either.

There is a function in the CF Administrator called Code Analyser that you can use to run your pages through to check for code that has been depreciated or may cause issues. SQL queries may also be an issue if its that old.

I would recommend getting a trial of CF11 and checking your code in the Code Analyser. There will probably be a few things that need changing, but its something that will have to be dealt with unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MMany thanks to both of you that answered.  The code analyzer will be a tool we could use as we will be cloning the VM's that run the CF code and can upgrade them, use the CA, etc.

We are woefully behind in upgrading but your advice is great and appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation