• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IIS 10 for Coldfusion- gives error The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the exten

New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows server 2016

IIS 10

Coldfusion 2018

I created sample cfm app, and tried to configure this app in IIS

When I run the app - it gives me below error? Seems handler mapping needs to be added in IIS for cfm/cfc etc?

HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file should be downloaded, add a MIME map.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please elaborate on what you mean by "tried to configure this app in IIS". Do you mean you ran the CF wsconfig tool?

Or do you mean you simply created a new site in IIS, put a CFM page into its folder location, and tried to run it? If the latter, that would not be enough. You must run the CF wsconfig tool. Google the phrase to find links to docs and more on that.

Finally, if you may mean that you DID in the past use that for "all sites", but now you are adding this new site and it doesn't work, that is not enough. You do need to either run the wsconfig tool again for that new site, or use it to remove and re-add the "all sites" setup, or (perhaps easiest) just create a jakarta virtual directory in the new site pointing to the location of other sites that DO work (and which had been confgured when "all sites" were configured).

Let us know how it goes.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation