• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IIS Integration with CF 2018

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am installing 2018 on a new server and the installation choice is "Server configuration" and "JEE configuration". Server configuration is described as an embedded JEE server and JEE, I am assuming, is for an existing Tomcat installation.

What I want is to duplicate the configuration of the old server and use IIS for web services. Did I miss a step somewhere or is there something I am not getting?

TIA,

Gary 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

This is actually how the CF installer has worked for some number of versions, so I'm not sure what version you're moving from. You'll be asked a few questions. This is just the "main" one, I guess. The server configuration is the "regular" way of setting up CF, and the JEE configuration is explicitly to create an EAR or WAR file for deployment on Tomcat or other J2EE app servers. EAR and WAR files are basically just ZIP files with a custom extension and some metadata, and choosing this option do

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is actually how the CF installer has worked for some number of versions, so I'm not sure what version you're moving from. You'll be asked a few questions. This is just the "main" one, I guess. The server configuration is the "regular" way of setting up CF, and the JEE configuration is explicitly to create an EAR or WAR file for deployment on Tomcat or other J2EE app servers. EAR and WAR files are basically just ZIP files with a custom extension and some metadata, and choosing this option doesn't give you a working CF install, just the file you can use to install separately. Anyway, you want the server configuration.

Later, you'll be asked about setting up the web server connector, and that's where you'll be able to hook CF to IIS if you want.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation