Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation of Colufusion 2018 updates

Explorer ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to install an update for coldfusion 2018. I have downloaded the zip file and I am trying to follow the steps shown below for installing the update manually   

1. Click the link to download the JAR.
  2. Execute the following command on the downloaded JAR. You must have privileges to start or stop ColdFusion service and full access to the ColdFusion root directory.

Windows: <cf_root>/jre/bin/java.exe -jar <jar-file-dir>/hotfix-003-314033.jar

I am unable to do this as the file that is being downloaded is a zip file and its not a JAR file, so its not working.

Can someone please advise how to install this update ?

Thanks

IQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Hi IQ,

Please change the extension from .zip to .jar and run the updater again from command prompt.

Thanks,

Priyank

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi IQ,

Please change the extension from .zip to .jar and run the updater again from command prompt.

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Priyank, just renaming the file from .zip to .jar did not work.

I unzipped the zip file and then zipped it but saved it as a JAR file, this helped. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation